Old 24-03-2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Sunfish in ponds?,

Many states require permits to have wild fish in home ponds.

Jim

Old 24-03-2007, 11:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Jim and Phyllis" wrote in message
Many states require permits to have wild fish in home ponds.

Jim

========================
What if they come on their own? Are you required to remove them to a
natural body of water?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-03-2007, 05:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Jim and Phyllis:

Many states require permits to have wild fish in home ponds.

To the best of my research, my state does not differentiate between home
ponds and farm ponds. No paperwork is required to purchase the fish unless
you are releasing them into public waters or unless you plan on selling
them.

--
Mac Cool

Old 25-03-2007, 05:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Jim and Phyllis:

Many states require permits to have wild fish in home ponds.

Also, I would purchase mine from a pond stocking business.
--
Mac Cool

Old 27-03-2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Mac Cool wrote:
Jim and Phyllis:

Many states require permits to have wild fish in home ponds.

To the best of my research, my state does not differentiate between home
ponds and farm ponds. No paperwork is required to purchase the fish unless
you are releasing them into public waters or unless you plan on selling
them.

Let me ask you again, please don't ignore me

Old 27-03-2007, 09:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Reel McKoi :

Let me ask you again, please don't ignore me What if they come on
their own? Are you required to remove them to a natural body of
water?

Where do you live? You'll have to check state and local laws but most
likely, no.

--
Mac Cool

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Sunfish in ponds? Mac Cool Ponds (moderated) 26 30-03-2007 05:29 PM
Sunfish in pond? Jim and Phyllis Ponds (moderated) 1 25-03-2007 05:08 PM
first pond, are sunfish a good choice? lurker Ponds 14 03-04-2006 06:38 PM
sunfish/bluegills Fred5454 Ponds 3 14-07-2004 04:04 PM
My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM