Old 24-03-2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Ponds and guns

Galen,

You amaze me. That is a form of weeding I have never tried!

We use season-long brush killer around the edges of the beds and mow
with a 30 horse tractor and a 5' finishing mower. Much faster than
riding mowers. The weed killer leaves an 8" dead zone. If I hit it
with the tractor, it looks like I have mowed to the edge. There are
some turns that the tractor cant get into. They stand out (or up!) and
become targets for the weed killer.

Bag those weeds!

Jim

Old 24-03-2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"One shot, one kill." If you are a Republican you can have a Ted
Kennedy weed, or a Harry Reid weed, if you are a Democrat you can have
a Bush weed (shrub jokes and "watch out that Cheney doesn't shoot them
first" jokes are too easy) or a Coulter weed, or you can just have an
Osama weed. You can get really creative. And pellet guns are
relatively cheap. If you go the BB gun route, I think the zinc coated
BBs are a lot better for the fish than the copper coated ones, but I'm
just guessing, I don't really know.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help