Old 17-04-2007, 09:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Oxygen in ponds

BoyPete wrote:
Is there an easy test for oxygen content in pond water?
I have an air pump with twin outlets combined into one, feeding an
airstone in the pond. Is there any advantage in putting a stone in my
box filter?

Supplemental question........... any reccomendations for airstones (in UK)
please. I live in a hard water area, and they clog in a few weeks.
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 18-04-2007, 02:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

either sintered glass (and use muriatic acid to clean them frequently) or
how about soaker hose? Ingrid

Old 18-04-2007, 04:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:04:51 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

How does a waterfall or a stream compare to a bubbler? Do they have
stats for that? They make for a lot of surface exposure. Jim set up
our berm to have the water go over four falls before running down an 8
foot stream into the pond. He saw that as getting pretty near full
oxygenation. Phyllis

Hiya Phyllis, There was an article, but now I can't remember whether it was
in a magazine or on the web regarding this, with stats. What I remember
from it was that water falling on rocks got the highest score, then
fountains, then airstones... I believe. I'm only positive about the water
falling on rocks. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 18-04-2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Here's the solution I use for putting oxygen in my pond.
The venturi makes very fine bubbles. No airstone or second pump needed.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ak/triffet.jpg

Rate This Thread: