Old 17-04-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Hello to all

Hello all,
Nice to find rec.ponds again and all my old friends.
We are in a new apartment again so only have 2 half barrels but do
have about ¼ acre pond out back door. Belongs to county but I get to
watch all the wildlife year-round. Look forward to chatting and
discussing again.

Here is pic of pond with ice from last winter:

Happy ponding!

Randy

Old 17-04-2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi Randy!
Good to see you! :-)))

We can't take pictures but someone suggested
posting to a binary group (do I have that right?)
and then giving us a link.

Glad you found your way home.
k :-)

Old 18-04-2007, 05:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Welcome, Randy!

Is aloha a reference to Hawaii? I am thinking about the pond with
ice!

Jim

Old 18-04-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Apr 17, 9:35 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Welcome, Randy!

Is aloha a reference to Hawaii? I am thinking about the pond with
ice!

Jim

Hi Jim,
Aloha Oregon is where I live. Just west of Portland. Had 3 in ground
ponds at my old house but now my ex has them (LOL). Have been into
ponds for 15 yrs. or more.
When visiting Kaanapali on the isle of Maui I was repramanded for
sticking my head under water at a fancy hotel. They had plants that
seemed to float. The large koi didn't seem to mind as I found clear
12"dia. plastic tubes holding up plant pots. Not visible from above
water. Have always wanted to make clear water arch between 2 ponds but
do not have space to do that now.
Kathy, too bad about the pictures. I know lots of folks have real nice
water gardens and Jan had some nice photos to share.
Randy

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] hello all Gary & Kathy Hendricks Bonsai 0 26-02-2005 10:10 PM
Hello All Orchid Lovers! Ganoksin Orchids 2 07-12-2004 10:41 AM
Hello all viv United Kingdom 1 15-06-2004 11:09 PM
Hello All Orchid Lovers! Ganoksin Orchids 0 22-03-2004 05:11 AM
Hello All Orchid Lovers! Ganoksin Orchids 0 22-03-2004 05:04 AM