GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Lily (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/157046-lily.html)

TMC 18-04-2007 02:22 PM

Lily

Hi all

Have had a lily root\tuber whatever its correct name is in a basket in my
pond

fish have disturbed it so I have got it out

The tuber is too long for the basket

It is showing signs of shooting

Question is can I just cut it in half put half in each of 2 baskets say in
aquatic on even multi purpose compost with stone to hold it in place

Its so many years since I first put it in I can't remember what I did

Regards

Tony

drsolo 18-04-2007 02:55 PM

Lily

yes. make sure there is sprout on each piece. Ingrid

TMC 18-04-2007 03:14 PM

Lily

. com...

"TMC" wrote in message
Question is can I just cut it in half put half in each of 2 baskets say
in
aquatic on even multi purpose compost with stone to hold it in

thanks will do

Tony

~ jan[_3_] 18-04-2007 04:32 PM

Lily

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:22:31 CST, "TMC" wrote:

Have had a lily root\tuber whatever its correct name is in a basket in my
pond

Question is can I just cut it in half put half in each of 2 baskets say in
aquatic on even multi purpose compost with stone to hold it in place
Tony

Look he
http://www.watergarden.com/pages/plant_care.html ~ jan :-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State