GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Brackish Water Pond Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/157162-brackish-water-pond-plants.html)

John 20-04-2007 10:43 PM

Brackish Water Pond Plants

Is there anyone who has had experience with mildly brackish ponds? I'm
looking for salt tolerant plants that can also withstand the heat of coastal
GA summers.

kthirtya 21-04-2007 02:38 AM

Brackish Water Pond Plants

I found these resources.
I'd love to hear about your pond and if these work
out for you!

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/BrackishS...bracplants.htm - for
underwater plants

and

Narrow-Leaf Cattail Shallow Water Pond Plant - tolerates brackish
water.
Found here ~
http://www.pondmarket.com/store/inde...tegory_id= 29

I'd also look at your state's web pages - native plants of Georgia,
brackish water
http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....187&txtPage=11

Widgeongrass Ruppia?maritima
Saltmarsh Bulrush Scirpus robustus
Dwarf Spikerush Eleocharis spp.

k :-)

~ jan[_3_] 21-04-2007 05:16 AM

Brackish Water Pond Plants

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:43:16 CST, "John" wrote:

Is there anyone who has had experience with mildly brackish ponds? I'm
looking for salt tolerant plants that can also withstand the heat of coastal
GA summers.

How brackish? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us