Old 22-04-2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Marine Plywood in pond?

I finally purchased some of the wood for the new pump house today (woo hoo),
but the HD did not carry Marine Plywood. So I ended up buying some Pressure
Treated wood for the roof and floor of the pump house, since this won't be
in contact with the water. But I still need to find some Marine Plywood for
the water wheel. But I thought I'd ask if Marine Plywood is pond safe? Also
what about a finish, my preference is deck stain, but I have concerns about
this being fish safe. Option two would be Epoxy paint, probably not human
safe, but should be fish safe when cured.

Old 23-04-2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Apr 21, 10:08 pm, "Bill Stock" wrote:
I finally purchased some of the wood for the new pump house today (woo hoo),
but the HD did not carry Marine Plywood. So I ended up buying some Pressure
Treated wood for the roof and floor of the pump house, since this won't be
in contact with the water. But I still need to find some Marine Plywood for
the water wheel. But I thought I'd ask if Marine Plywood is pond safe? Also
what about a finish, my preference is deck stain, but I have concerns about
this being fish safe. Option two would be Epoxy paint, probably not human
safe, but should be fish safe when cured.

Are you going to eat the epoxy? I think a good sealer like varathane
would be fine for a water wheel. Marine plywood as any other has glue
in it.
Randy

Old 24-04-2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"randyinaloha" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I see quite a few built with epoxy. Besides, I'd also like to colour it. I
was thinking of an Maritime (Canada) colour scheme, perhaps pale blue.

Rate This Thread: