GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Bob is back (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/157378-bob-back.html)

Galen Hekhuis 25-04-2007 12:25 AM

Bob is back

Yup, I decided to name the snake "Bob." I saw it last evening but
wasn't sure at all that it was back to stay and not just visiting.
Then this morning I saw a stick in the same place where I saw the
snake last evening, but on closer inspection, it indeed was a snake.
Between fussing with stuff in general and poking around the pond I
must have watched that snake for an hour and a half this morning, and
it never moved a bit. I thought I might have a dead snake from the
looks of things. I went out to the pond later and the snake had moved
just a little but it was about a foot from where it was before. I
concluded that in all probability that the snake was not dead. By
noon the snake had made it a good ten feet around the pond, and I
figured that it needed a name if nothing else.
--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"

Kathy 26-04-2007 09:43 AM

Bob is back

I think I could get used to a snake like Bob.
It's the unexpectedness of them that does me
in. All that slithering.
I know there is still a snake somewhere in our
basement. I saw it, 12 years ago, go into the
family room and I *know* it's still down there,
somewhere.