Old 25-04-2007, 01:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Two Large Butterfly Koi to new home

Two beautiful 12"-14" Decorative, Pond Quality Butterfly KOI to a good
home. Pictures available soon.
These KOI are healthy. Reasonable re-homing/ adoption fee of $125
each. Available for pick up Thursday afternoon from 5:30 until they
are re-homed. Not recommended for newly built ponds or beginners and
absolutely not for tanks. Would be great for someone with an
established pond over 1500 gallons with enough space and depth to
provide a healthy and adequate home for these Koi.
Email me with any questions and if interested we can make
arrangements. Pick up preferred (Lawrenceville). Bring box or crate
with appropriate plastic bag and rubber band for transport. No
shipping available.
If you don't have necessary transport items we can catch and package
for transport for an additional $5 and we can meet at either Discover
Mills Mall or Mall of Georgia.
Thanks
Phanso

Old 25-04-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
Al wrote:

[...]

Forgive my ignorance.
How is a "reasonable re-homing/ adoption fee of $125" different from
just saying that they for sale for $125?

What is re-homing and why does it require a charge?

This perked my interest!

Old 05-05-2007, 03:49 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I said re-homing because some Koi enthusiast don't like the ideas of
buying and selling koi. In an attempt to be more sensative I phrased
it rehoming. Kind of like adoption.
Why a fee? Since I may not know the person taking the koi and how
much they care about koi or will value them, the fee will filter out
those who don't really care or won't take good care of them. Kind of
like the principle "easy come, easy go". It's also an exchange to help
fund an expansion project for my pond.

On Apr 25, 12:40 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article .com,

--
To reply by email, remove the word "space"- Hide quoted text -

Old 07-05-2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default More on adoption fees was Two Large Butterfly Koi to new home

someone on the Houston craiglist in the pet section mention he has some koi
up for adoption for $3 and up
http://houston.craigslist.org/pet/324593019.html
I have many koi need a new home ( 2" inches to 18" )because I do not have
time to take of them please call 713-339-XXXX for more informations . Have
to paysome for adoption fee ($3 and up )
With a photo of some nice koi.

When I replied his response was:
sorry i miss you call , your phone did not show up on my phone . Koi are for
sell @ $3 to $200 . If you are still interested please call me back

Looks like adoption fee and selling are interchangeable to some folks.

Dan

Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Dan Robinson" wrote in message
. ..

Looks like adoption fee and selling are interchangeable to some folks.

=========================
Bait and switch....... :-(
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Dan Robinson" wrote in message
. ..

Looks like adoption fee and selling are interchangeable to some folks.

Bait and switch....... :-(

I think rather than attempt to attach political correctness to the
transaction, the seller simply needs to be upfront about what they want
from it - as clear and as direct as possible.

Rate This Thread: