GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Thank You to those who did the work (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/157402-thank-you-those-who-did-work.html)

[email protected] 25-04-2007 01:54 PM

Thank You to those who did the work

Just found out that the new group made it to prime time! Congratulations,
and thank you to all who put forth the effort to bring it to fruition. I may
not post often, as I'm a newbie to all of this (in fact, I still havn't dug
my first hole yet), but I do enjoy my goldfish, and learn so much from
lurking and learning. I'm probably correct in my suspicions that a lot of us
do far more reading than posting. The time spent listening to most of you is
well spent for someone who plans to make the leap in the future. My pond
plan has been changed hundreds of times already because of what I've learned
from all of you on the original rec.ponds, I'm sure glad I didn't just dig a
hole and fill it with water. My ignorance would have doomed many fish to a
terrible life.
Now that this group is up and running, I can begin again to work on my pond
plan. Good timing too, as I'm down to 1 year, 5 months and 16 days till
retirement, which is my estimated start date for construction. LOL

--
These ideas are offered in a spirit of respect, compasion and the intent to
foster enlightenment. Please feel free to respond with similar intent and

Phyllis and Jim 26-04-2007 02:42 PM

Thank You to those who did the work

We are glad to have you here lurking or participating. Especially,
check in once you are seriously doing plans. Everyone here who has
built a pond remembers the million questions and issues that they had
to address. Sometimes we made good decisions. Other times we did
things that are good lessons about how not to do things! It is fun to
pass both on to others. Please visit often and feel free to jump in.

Jim

BoyPete 26-04-2007 10:05 PM

wrote:
Just found out that the new group made it to prime time!
Congratulations, and thank you to all who put forth the effort to
bring it to fruition.

snip

Now that this group is up and running, I can begin again to work on
my pond plan. Good timing too, as I'm down to 1 year, 5 months and 16
days till retirement, which is my estimated start date for
construction. LOL

I made mistakes with my pond which I wouldn't have done if I'd been here.
Lurk, read and learn.
Welcome to RPM :)
--
ßôyþëtë