GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   The survivor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/157745-survivor.html)

Nick Cramer 30-04-2007 03:49 AM

The survivor

I'm sad to report that the goldfish who survived the pond poisoning and
lived for weeks in pea green soup, did not survive being transferred to a
clear water pond.

~Semper Fi~

Phyllis and Jim 01-05-2007 03:25 AM

The survivor

That's too bad, Nick.

Any ideas about why it croaked?

Jim

~ jan[_3_] 01-05-2007 04:29 AM

The survivor

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:49:47 CST, Nick Cramer
wrote:

I'm sad to report that the goldfish who survived the pond poisoning and
lived for weeks in pea green soup, did not survive being transferred to a
clear water pond.

Sorry to hear that Nick, what are your next plan to repopulate the
pond? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Reel McKoi[_11_] 01-05-2007 04:30 AM

The survivor

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
I'm sad to report that the goldfish who survived the pond poisoning and
lived for weeks in pea green soup, did not survive being transferred to a
clear water pond.

=======================
I hope you took time to acclimate this last fish to the new clean water
before putting him in the
"clear water pond." Too much of a difference in temp, PH etc can shock and
kill fish.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Nick Cramer 01-05-2007 04:30 AM

The survivor

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

That's too bad, Nick.

Any ideas about why it croaked?

Thanks. Negatory. Damn it!

~Semper Fi~

Nick Cramer 01-05-2007 06:32 AM

The survivor

"Reel McKoi" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

I'm sad to report that the goldfish who survived the pond poisoning and
lived for weeks in pea green soup, did not survive being transferred to
a clear water pond.

=======================
I hope you took time to acclimate this last fish to the new clean water
before putting him in the
"clear water pond." Too much of a difference in temp, PH etc can shock
and kill fish.

My son-in-law, who did the transfer, is pretty fish savvy. pH might have
been something he overlooked. Thanks, Carol.

~Semper Fi~

Nick Cramer 01-05-2007 06:32 AM

The survivor

~ jan wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:49:47 CST, Nick Cramer

I'm sad to report that the goldfish who survived the pond poisoning and
lived for weeks in pea green soup, did not survive being transferred to
a clear water pond.

Sorry to hear that Nick, what are your next plan to repopulate the
pond? ~ jan

Mosquito fish from Vector Control!

~Semper Fi~