Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default buying pond plants

Today I headed out to one of our
local nurseries. They had two long
water tables set up with pond plants.
Big pots, full of water and very, very heavy
pond plants. I found a star grass and
looked for something to put it in.
Nothing. No plastic bags available.
It was very heavy and very drippy.
I managed to get it to the checkout
but had the furthest to walk from any
other display of plants.
If you are going to carry pond plants
think about your customer!
(Also have a nice demo pond set
up, some information sheets and
don't let the displays fill up with
algae, pond slime and mosquito
larvae!)

k :-)

Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"kthirtya" wrote in message
oups.com...
Today I headed out to one of our
local nurseries. They had two long
water tables set up with pond plants.
Big pots, full of water and very, very heavy
pond plants. I found a star grass and
looked for something to put it in.
Nothing. No plastic bags available.
It was very heavy and very drippy.
I managed to get it to the checkout
but had the furthest to walk from any
other display of plants.
If you are going to carry pond plants
think about your customer!
(Also have a nice demo pond set
up, some information sheets and
don't let the displays fill up with
algae, pond slime and mosquito
larvae!)

k :-)

I didn't realise our local GC had a branch in the US ;-)
Peter

Old 06-05-2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I get mine he

http://aquaticplantdepot.com/index.html

I get pots and dirt separately, as they ship the plants wrapped in damp
paper.

I have no connection with this outfit, but I've been happy with them.

oups.com...

Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

http://aquaticplantdepot.com/index.html

Looks interesting! I like to buy locally but they've
got to meet me half way and provide some sort
of service. I'm sure they don't like dripping pond
plants being tracked across their store.

The star grass is very pretty but hardy to only
zone 8. (We're zone 7 here.) But I do have a daughter
who is off to college in the school year and has this
very nice sunny window just begging to be used
during the school year....

k :-)

Rate This Thread: