Old 10-05-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Bio Filter Options

While catching up with the all the new posts in this new group, there
was a thread about the stock tank bio filter. I constructed one when
I originally put my pond into service, several years ago. The
Rubbermaid (trademark) stock tank is still being used in one form, or
another. I am currently using it as a side stream drip filter.

You can visit my website and see some of the things that I have done
with and around the pond.

bmoke

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2spjb/index.html

Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:40:29 CST, fish head
wrote:

While catching up with the all the new posts in this new group, there
was a thread about the stock tank bio filter. I constructed one when
I originally put my pond into service, several years ago. The
Rubbermaid (trademark) stock tank is still being used in one form, or
another. I am currently using it as a side stream drip filter.

You can visit my website and see some of the things that I have done
with and around the pond.

bmoke

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2spjb/index.html

Nice blog and nice pictures, Bill. ~ jan :-)
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 19-05-2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I visited your site. Nice info.

Milk crates:

We are using them too in our pond.

We once had a koi get stuck in one (see our website - listed on the
google interface - for pics)

We have left the sides in so that baby fish can hide in there. Seems
to work well. Our lilies jumoed the pots and are now totally entwined
in the milk crates. THAT we had not anticipated! Makes it a big deal
to move them.

Jim

Rate This Thread: