GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   An eagle ate one of my koi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/159271-eagle-ate-one-my-koi.html)

Pondmeister 28-05-2007 11:15 PM

An eagle ate one of my koi

How can I keep the birds of prey away?

------
I have forgot everything I once knew.

Galen Hekhuis 29-05-2007 12:06 AM

An eagle ate one of my koi

On Mon, 28 May 2007 16:15:37 CST, Pondmeister
wrote:

How can I keep the birds of prey away?

I don't know if there is any good way to keep birds of prey away, and
you may wind up having to use a net or something to keep the fish
safe. It can really be a PITA if the bird is endangered or protected
or something. Me? I use a 4 1/2 foot water snake. It sort of keeps
the birds away by eating their prey, which may not be the ideal
solution in your case. Hey, it works for me, but I don't have any
fish.

Nick Cramer 29-05-2007 06:44 AM

An eagle ate one of my koi

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 16:15:37 CST, Pondmeister

How can I keep the birds of prey away?

I don't know if there is any good way to keep birds of prey away, and
you may wind up having to use a net or something to keep the fish
safe. [ . . . ]

I used bird net after a Heron feasted at my pond. No more problem,

~Semper Fi~