GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   intermittent frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/159332-intermittent-frogs.html)

[email protected] 29-05-2007 06:18 PM

intermittent frogs

Frogs rain down on an Alicante village

May 27, 2007
Locals said they were the size of a fingernail
A rather odd event was reported by the Alicante newspaper
'Información' this weekend, which happened in the small Alicante
village of El Rebolledo, near Sant Vicent del Raspeig last Thursday:
thousands of tiny frogs, the size of a fingernail, falling from the
sky.
An expert climatologist quoted after a similar occurrence in the
Serbian town of Odzaci in June 2005 said the phenomenon is 'not very
unusual' and is a 'recognised scientific phenomenon.'

He said it happens when a whirlwind sucks up the frogs from a body of
water and carries them elsewhere to drop them on the ground.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_10651.shtml

Steve Wolstenholme 29-05-2007 06:45 PM

intermittent frogs

On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:18:47 CST, wrote:

Frogs rain down on an Alicante village

My grandfather said the same thing happened in Cornwall when he was a
young lad. Apparently raining fish was also quite common.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com

Kurt[_2_] 30-05-2007 12:20 AM

intermittent frogs

In article . com,
wrote:

Frogs rain down on an Alicante village

Then we have this:

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehit...menlyrics.html

Hal[_1_] 30-05-2007 04:25 PM

intermittent frogs

On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:18:47 CST, wrote:

He said it happens when a whirlwind sucks up the frogs from a body of
water and carries them elsewhere to drop them on the ground.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_10651.shtml

It has happened in this country:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/.../aa082602a.htm

Regards,

Hal

[email protected] 30-05-2007 05:51 PM

intermittent frogs

Amazing, isn't it?!

Mother Nature never ceases to surprise me.

k :-)