GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   lily blooms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/160087-lily-blooms.html)

©anadian Ponder[_2_] 13-06-2007 09:45 PM

lily blooms

Hello,

OK I am happy that my hardy lilies are thriving and growing by the day.
This is a first for me. Now I am getting greedy and want to know when
to expect flowers (if any) and how would I know they will soon come ?

Thanks !

k 13-06-2007 11:53 PM

lily blooms

I found this smidgeon via googling

They also require a minimum of 6 hours of sun a day to grow and perform at their best.

good info here --
http://www.bonniesplants.com/how_to/types_lilies.html

k :-)

G Pearce 14-06-2007 02:08 AM

lily blooms

I am ~ 180 miles west of you and my lilies (hardy) are blooming (have been
for 2 wks) - they do like fertilizer (I haven't done that yet because of
knee problems) - I normaly put 3 tabs in them in May and again in July. They
do need sun - at least 6 hrs a day
Gale :~)

~ jan[_3_] 14-06-2007 06:13 AM

lily blooms

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:45:43 CST, ©anadian Ponder "
wrote:

Hello,

OK I am happy that my hardy lilies are thriving and growing by the day.
This is a first for me. Now I am getting greedy and want to know when
to expect flowers (if any) and how would I know they will soon come ?

Thanks !

Watch for buds at the crown/base of the plant. Once you see that, blooming
is imminent. :-) ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

[email protected] 14-06-2007 02:49 PM

lily blooms

Yea! I FINALLY have 4 blooms!! :-) :-) I know that many Colorado
Springs ponders cover their ponds during the winter and have blooms as
early as April! That will be my project for this summer/fall. Build
a pond cover. Did I just say "project"?? In the singular? Oh
please! My mistake! What I meant to says was ONE of my pond
projects! :-)
Happy Day!
W Dale