Old 14-06-2007, 11:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default State of the Filter... hole

DS & I took it slow this morning and still got the hole done in record
time.... but then I said, do you want to look for the outlet pipe? That
became frustrating but DS was bound to find it. We just didn't expect it to
be 2-2.5 feet down! And he hadn't made his mark on the fence exact either.
Thankfully he found it.... course he was shoveling dirt from that hole into
the big hole. So he had to shovel that back out, then he got this idea that
if we move the rhubarb now, he could pile the dirt there. So that took some
extra time as it wasn't easy to get out, due to cramped quarters and other
plant roots. I planted into the raised beds around the lily pond. DS then
tossed the loose dirt up in the area where the rhubarb came out of.... I
have a feeling we'll still be making trips out to the front yard berm and
returning some of that dirt for back fill.... we'll see.

Hopefully it won't take too much nagging on my part to put the filter
together now. I suspect DS will see that as more fun than digging.
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 15-06-2007, 01:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

How are your backs doing?

Jim

Old 15-06-2007, 01:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

~ jan wrote:
So he had to shovel that back out, then he got this idea that
if we move the rhubarb now, he could pile the dirt there. So that took some
extra time as it wasn't easy to get out, due to cramped quarters and other
plant roots. I planted into the raised beds around the lily pond. DS then
tossed the loose dirt up in the area where the rhubarb came out of.... I
have a feeling we'll still be making trips out to the front yard berm and
returning some of that dirt for back fill.... we'll see.

This sounds so reminiscent of what happened to my bog garden and the
irises - lol. Hubby shovelling the soil out faster than I could move the
plants.....

Gill

Old 16-06-2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:54:07 CST, Gill Passman
wrote:

This sounds so reminiscent of what happened to my bog garden and the
irises - lol. Hubby shovelling the soil out faster than I could move the
plants.....
Gill

Yea, I could hardly get a hole dug for the rhubarb before being handed the
plant.

Today he went to glue on the ball valve and found out he doesn't have the
right glue, so off to the hardware store on Saturday, boo, hiss. Because of
that and wanting something to do, he cleaned out the barrels so they're
ready. Yeaaaaa, as I thought I'd be doing that. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 16-06-2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:37:36 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

How are your backs doing?

Jim

His young back seems fine, my lower back is complaining, but nothing an
Alieve won't take care of, plus I started a new exercise program called
T-Tapp, so my lower back is the lease of my problems... as everything is
currently sore. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 16-06-2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Don't y'all tell Phyllis how much you hubbies are doing!

(Jim)

Rate This Thread: