Old 22-06-2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Anyone have any experience of Hozelock Ecopower filters

I've been doing some browsing.....until digging is complete I do not
know exactly what volume the new pond will be - but from my indoor
fishkeeping experience I do tend to over-filter.

Aquatics Online UK have a clearance sale on some of the older model
Hozelock filters that include UV as well. The model I am looking at is
the 1000 gall version (although I suspect the pond will end up a lot
less than that) - it is a snip at £53. The other one on offer is the
Ecomax at £65. This compares with almost double the price for the
current range.....I can't actually see any difference in the specs of
any of them so thought I'd ask if anyone else has used any of these
before I hit the "Add to shopping cart"

TIA
Gill

Old 23-06-2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In message , Gill Passman
writes
I've been doing some browsing.....until digging is complete I do not
know exactly what volume the new pond will be - but from my indoor
fishkeeping experience I do tend to over-filter.

Aquatics Online UK have a clearance sale on some of the older model
Hozelock filters that include UV as well. The model I am looking at is
the 1000 gall version (although I suspect the pond will end up a lot
less than that) - it is a snip at £53. The other one on offer is the
Ecomax at £65. This compares with almost double the price for the
current range.....I can't actually see any difference in the specs of
any of them so thought I'd ask if anyone else has used any of these
before I hit the "Add to shopping cart"

TIA
Gill

Just remember Hozelock seems to be driven by the wide boys in Marketing.
Go for a filter rated at _least_ double the size of your pond, more if
in full sun or lots of fish.

I have a Bioforce 4500 on about 2000 litres of pond (with 15 or so 5-6"
fish), and it doesn't cope in sunny weather.
--
steve

Old 23-06-2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Steven Briggs" wrote in message
In message , Gill Passman
writes
[...]

Ecomax *usually* denotes a Bioforce filter with a Titan solids handling pump
together in a kit.
Steve is right about the 4500.
In sunny weather mine needs almost daily cleaning.

For good prices on the Hozelock stuff try Kettering Koi on ebay.co.uk.
Thats where I got my stuff, and both the service and price were very good.

I have a Titan 2000 and a 2000UV Bioforce on my puddle (613 litres -seems to
about right for this), and a Ecomax (Titan 3000 and a BioforceUV4500) on my
Lily pond (1382 Litres needs cleaning at least once a week in summer).

Peter

Rate This Thread: