Old 15-07-2007, 11:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Man wins over beast!

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:09:07 CST, Marco Schwarz
wrote:

Porg: Justin's 36b..

[...you WILL be Pond-Elated!...]
You WILL be assimilated!

Justin!!!? I hope he didn't steal my lines and pass them off as his own:

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

P - Pond, O - Oriented, R - Recreational, G - Group ~ jan

---------------
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 16-07-2007, 04:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Parrot's Feather

Ok, this stuff is supposed to grow fast.. so if I take a clipping off it,
and toss it in a large tub, it'll still grow?

Thinking of growing a few more offshoots...

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 16-07-2007, 05:41 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi..

Justin!!!? I hope he didn't steal my lines and pass them
off as his own:

Hmm.., typed porg and rec ponds into my browser's search
interface and got:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html#36

36b is about the Porg but it's not listed in the linked
table of content so please scroll and scroll and scroll
down - or click link 36 (36b will follow directly)..

BTW: a 36b without a 36a - I'm shocked..! ;-)

--
cu
Marco

Old 16-07-2007, 08:59 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:41:52 CST, Marco Schwarz
wrote:

Hi..

Justin!!!? I hope he didn't steal my lines and pass them
off as his own:

Hmm.., typed porg and rec ponds into my browser's search
interface and got:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html#36

I'm shocked..! ;-)

As am I! I've been plagiarized! harrumpt! ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 16-07-2007, 02:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jul 16, 12:59 am, ~ jan wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:41:52 CST, Marco Schwarz
wrote:

Hi..

Justin!!!? I hope he didn't steal my lines and pass them
off as his own:

Hmm.., typed porg and rec ponds into my browser's search
interface and got:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html#36
I'm shocked..! ;-)

As am I! I've been plagiarized! harrumpt! ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

Ok - here is a "Bob" question. How did he get in your pond and now
that you have sent him to a "better place", how could another of his
kind get into your pond? You must have a connection to some waterway
or inlet.
Deb :-)

Old 16-07-2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"k" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ha! We are more diabolical than the hapless Borg.
They depend on machinery and fly around in
their silly spaceships!
They need to come down to pond level and then
we will see who rules around here!
The Porg know the secrets of the Deadly Algae.
The Porg have Hit Herons at our disposal.
The Porg know the dangers of Lawns.
The Porg have Armies of Bobs in waiting.
The Borg will be assimilated to Pondom.
It is just a matter of time.
You have been warned.

k - Porg in charge of Critters

Kathy, you forgot the PORG bullfrog

peter

Old 16-07-2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

you forgot the PORG bullfrog

Gracious! Especially the German Shepherd
sized Bullfrog!

k :-)

Old 16-07-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

2pods wrote:

"k" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ha! We are more diabolical than the hapless Borg.
They depend on machinery and fly around in
their silly spaceships!
They need to come down to pond level and then
we will see who rules around here!
The Porg know the secrets of the Deadly Algae.
The Porg have Hit Herons at our disposal.
The Porg know the dangers of Lawns.
The Porg have Armies of Bobs in waiting.
The Borg will be assimilated to Pondom.
It is just a matter of time.
You have been warned.

k - Porg in charge of Critters

Kathy, you forgot the PORG bullfrog

I've been waiting for that. A herp expert pointed out to us that if
Bullfrogs were the size of a German Shepherd they would have wiped out all
life on the planet. I was listening to a CBC radio piece about Bullfrogs
in British Columbia where a woman told the story of a frog actually
catching her kitten. Kitten survived, but I bet she never goes near the
pond anymore.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated

Old 16-07-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

thistletoes wrote:

On Jul 16, 12:59 am, ~ jan wrote:

As am I! I've been plagiarized! harrumpt! ~ jan

Justin just posted the rec.ponds FAQ I once maintained - much of which I
borrowed, too - and added some of his own material.

One of these days we should update and repost.

Ok - here is a "Bob" question. How did he get in your pond and now
that you have sent him to a "better place", how could another of his
kind get into your pond? You must have a connection to some waterway
or inlet.

You think? Even frogs can travel great distances on land (Leopard Frogs are
often called "Meadow Frogs" and are found 2km or more from water), so I
don't think it's improbable that Bob just travelled overland.

Old 16-07-2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

that stuff wont grow for me. but I think one end likes to be tucked
into a bit of dirt.

Old 16-07-2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
Sorry but what's exactly a Bob..?

Thanks..!

My Bob was a 4 1/2 foot Florida water snake.

Ok, I have to know this: was this groups' habit of naming snakes "Bob"
going on before I joined the group? Or is it something I started (my
wife and kids have been naming all snakes "Bob" for about 3 years now,
the first being a 6' eastern coachwhip).

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes

Old 16-07-2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote:

Ok, this stuff is supposed to grow fast.. so if I take a clipping off it,
and toss it in a large tub, it'll still grow?

Thinking of growing a few more offshoots...

Grows better in winter for me. I've a few sprigs in the shade that
seem to be taking off and one that rooted in a pot with another plant,
but when it is growing well every small shoot grows, floating or stuck
in dirt. It doesn't have to be on top to grow. It will grow to the
top on its own if potted and sunk below the waterline.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8 Middle Georgia

Old 16-07-2007, 06:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Here's one thing I found:

"Parrot's Feather has feathery blue-green foliage with a velvety sheen that
creeps across surface of pond. Its stems can grow from 20 to 60 inches long,
and are divided into four to six vivid green segments.
Parrot's Feather's lushly textured foliage helps provide shade for the pond
and fish. It also provides a hiding place and spawning material for the pond
inhabitants.

Because of its capability of establishing itself in wet soil above the
water, Parrot's Feather can be used in waterfall crevices, as well as along
pond edges. Although it may be prone to frost damage, it winters well
beneath the ice in frozen ponds. Zones 4-11."

Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 16-07-2007, 06:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"thistletoes" wrote
Ok - here is a "Bob" question. How did he get in your pond and now
that you have sent him to a "better place", how could another of his
kind get into your pond? You must have a connection to some waterway
or inlet.
Deb :-)

There's a slight stream running around my home, (And with the drought it's
all but dried up!), and another could easily revisit us. A house away is a
mountain stream that flows regularly, and the water is always very chilly.
(natural water tempos here are usually 45-60 tops) I'd think that would
discourage reptiles, but who knows?

If another visits, he'll eventually be captured and relocated as well. The
last time we had water snakes was like 2 years ago, so it's not a regularly
often thing.

But for now, fry and small frogs are safe, and more importantly, my wife
isn't bitching at me about it.. LOL! (Neither one of us likes snakes at all,
and we are always concerned about our cats playing with them fearlessly)
--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 16-07-2007, 06:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote in message
. com...
that stuff wont grow for me. but I think one end likes to be tucked
into a bit of dirt.

Hmmm will it grow outside a pond?

Gonna have to google it...

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Fiter Wins Over man.... Gareee© Ponds (moderated) 8 21-07-2007 11:50 PM
Beauty and the beast P Max Orchid Photos 2 24-05-2007 01:01 AM
strange beast pulling out tomato plants old dirtbeard Gardening 9 12-06-2006 09:47 PM
Fertilizer of the Beast Fred Gardening 2 12-06-2006 02:41 AM
The beast that ripping out tomatoe plants is probably.............Koi-Lo the carp lover. (nm) BLT Gardening 1 08-06-2006 07:05 AM