Old 17-07-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Can I use a surface skimmer to remove duckweed?

As in title I can't keep on top of my duckweed and was wondering if a
surface skimmer attached to my pump would help to suck in the duckweed so I
could remove it a little easier.

tia,

Sky

Old 17-07-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:46:16 CST, "Sky-Catcher" bobhope@nohope wrote:

As in title I can't keep on top of my duckweed and was wondering if a
surface skimmer attached to my pump would help to suck in the duckweed so I
could remove it a little easier.

tia,

Sky

You bet, the bigger skimmer the better. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 17-07-2007, 10:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

You can but try... and report back, we
always need first hand experience!

I overflood my deckponds to get rid of it
when i need to.

I wonder about taking a pressure washer
and 'washing' it off a pond. With duckweed
where there is even a memory of it, it will come
back - but it would give a pond a head start,
maybe ;-)

k :-)

Old 17-07-2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Michael Lee" wrote in message

How do you DO that? I have actually tried to propergate Duckweed, but my
Koi seem to be a natural for keeping it under control. "O boy! duckweed!"

I've been trying to grow it in separate tubs but for some reason this year
it's not thriving as it usually does. I'd net out a handful as a treat for
my goldies and koi. My parrots feather isn't going wild either. Nothings
changed.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.