Old 21-07-2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default looks like a raccoon visit - picture

On Jul 21, 11:43 am, Kurt wrote:
In article . com,

chatnoir wrote:
On Jul 20, 10:20 pm, Chip wrote:
chatnoir wrote:

I Have my pond surrounded by four feet high chicken wire! On top of
that I have a frame and pond
netting covering the pond to about 6.5 feet high!
My grape vines look like your destroyed pond island; but they did not
break through the bird netting!

OK, I understand that we have encroached on nature and ponds should
expect some predators. But the above seems to me to be a little over
the top. Didn't most of us get into this situation because we wanted to
sit by the pond with a favorite beverage, and gaze upon our creation and
enjoy it.

Can you really see the pond with a 6.5 foot fence around it?

Chip

Not really! The pond is actually part of a cat enclosure! It is part
of a 30 by 60 foot enclosure! It keeps my cats interested! Otherwise
it keeps my cats from during their speciality out in nature - killing
or being killed! I think that helps the creations outside of the pond
and enclosure from being inflicted by 5 cats intent on killing or
being killed!

Lots of cats in our yard lately, and while they drink from the pond,
they leave the fish alone. Would be a different story if we have frogs
around here (and I won't introduce any).

I am surprised that the little turtle I have in there is still alive
after 3 years! But the cats and the Big Bullfrog did pick off the
smaller frogs! So, I don't add anymore! The big Bullfrog rules frog
Island and the cats rule the shore - nowhere else to go!

Old 21-07-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

chatnoir wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:20 pm, Chip wrote:

Can you really see the pond with a 6.5 foot fence around it?

Not really! The pond is actually part of a cat enclosure! It is part
of a 30 by 60 foot enclosure! It keeps my cats interested! Otherwise
it keeps my cats from during their speciality out in nature - killing
or being killed! I think that helps the creations outside of the pond
and enclosure from being inflicted by 5 cats intent on killing or
being killed!

I think that's really cool. I only know one person who has such an
enclosure, but it isn't nearly as ambitious as yours.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated

Old 23-07-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Back from vacation and read thru all
the interesting posts in this thread.
Looks like we didn't have any more
visits while we were gone but hard
to tell after the original tromping.

k :-)

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze Way Back Jack[_8_] Gardening 28 11-08-2019 01:28 PM
Flower ID - Looks like a rooster! Greg Miller Gardening 2 21-08-2004 09:13 AM
Planted pumpkins and kabocha but one looks like zucchini Dan Musicant Edible Gardening 3 13-07-2003 11:12 PM
Raccoon visit #2 bobkiely Ponds 17 07-07-2003 02:47 AM
Looks like we're being listened to Warwick United Kingdom 30 30-06-2003 02:35 PM