Old 03-08-2007, 06:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
gmb gmb is offline

Default location, location, location

Hi - newbie here with a one yr. + pond, two $10 koi, one $35 koi, two
"survivor" .12 cent goldfish and two new goldfish almost the same size
as their older siblings. We have an above ground 2600 gal. pond w/
waterfall - mostly in shade. In our short time as pond owners we've
survived the "raccoon/bucket massacre" (before the pond was ready) and
the chipmunk ate a f---ing 6" circular hole in the liner right before
Christmas fiasco. It has been a trial by fire and no one told me I
should've done water changes during the winter in our outdoor 100 gal.
temporary tank (sorry Lucy, yes, EVERYone has a name).

I'm here to learn but am always frustrated that most posters do not
mention their geographic location or the ones that do are not
pertinent to my seasonal situation (Virginia). While there is a
commonality that we all can enjoy in summer or temperate conditions -
there are some Chicago, Washington state, Florida stuff that isn't
exactly relative to my pond. Can folks try to mention where they are -
especially as temperatures rise/fall or pH changes dictate?

Pond Mom of Seven in Virginia

Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Can folks try to mention where they are -
especially as temperatures rise/fall or pH changes dictate?

Good luck with that request. :-/ Someone asked it months ago and that's
when I changed my sig. I think I was one of the very few.

So how about it gang? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"gmb" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I'm right next door in Kentucky, so if you have any regionally relevant
questions, ask away.

George

Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Phyllis and I use Google to read rpm. It does not attach sig lines.
That makes it a bit harder as we must then add the location, if it
will be visible here. Many Google profiles have locations, but that
is also a pain to look up.

Any thoughts about how to tack on locations in Google?

Jim
Jackson, MS

Old 03-08-2007, 06:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Aug 3, 9:47 am, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Phyllis and I use Google to read rpm. It does not attach sig lines.
That makes it a bit harder as we must then add the location, if it
will be visible here. Many Google profiles have locations, but that
is also a pain to look up.

Any thoughts about how to tack on locations in Google?

Jim
Jackson, MS

Edit your subscription and add your location to your name

Cam

Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Western NC here.. should be relativly close, but I'm at 3000 ft above sea
level.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Will try and remember.
DS is going to *fix* my computer today
so can't do any editing at this point.

k :-)
SE WA
zone 7a

Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Phyllis and I use Google to read rpm. It does not attach sig lines.
That makes it a bit harder as we must then add the location, if it
will be visible here. Many Google profiles have locations, but that
is also a pain to look up.

Any thoughts about how to tack on locations in Google?

=========================
Time to switch to a free newsreader and free NSP such as aioe or albasani.
:-)
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MLF MLF is offline

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Phyllis and I use Google to read rpm. It does not attach sig lines.
That makes it a bit harder as we must then add the location, if it
will be visible here. Many Google profiles have locations, but that
is also a pain to look up.

Any thoughts about how to tack on locations in Google?

I agree with "Reel McCoy", it's time to get a newsreader. Agent is an old
and trusted application ( http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php ) for $30.
And here's a list of newsreaders with ratings (
http://cws.internet.com/category/2248-1-d.htm ). BTW, MS Outlook does not do
newsgroups as far as I know.

If you use any of the Microsoft products, MS Outlook Express is still
available and it works just fine (and it's free). It is not loaded by
default, but it comes on your MS operating system and/or MS Office CD. More
info on it at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q268382/

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...e/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...eos/email.mspx

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

a rose for a New Hampshire location Gail Futoran Roses 5 06-05-2003 03:44 PM
Filter outfall location? SLEngst Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 07:24 AM
[IBC] Location in Yard (was Benches done) John NJ Bonsai 1 30-03-2003 03:33 AM
web back up new location! Larry Ponds 0 15-03-2003 01:56 PM
Filter outfall location? SLEngst Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 10-03-2003 08:57 PM