Old 09-08-2007, 02:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Another view

I went out today and took a picture of the enlarged pond standing on
the new bank and looking back at the spot from where I took the first
picture. You can see the chair I sit in to shoot weeds. The reeds?
rushes? anyway, the plants you can see growing towards the center of
the old pond grow right along the air hose for the aerator, and I'm
too chicken to shoot at them.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g082007003.jpg
this is the picture I took a few days ago.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g062007007.jpg
I don't know how photobucket does it but I'm glad they do.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
Galen Hekhuis wrote:

I went out today and took a picture of the enlarged pond standing on
the new bank and looking back at the spot from where I took the first
picture. You can see the chair I sit in to shoot weeds. The reeds?
rushes? anyway, the plants you can see growing towards the center of
the old pond grow right along the air hose for the aerator, and I'm
too chicken to shoot at them.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g082007003.jpg
this is the picture I took a few days ago.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g062007007.jpg
I don't know how photobucket does it but I'm glad they do.

Don't know where you live, but pretty area. Nice, natural pond.
Beautiful. A yard that size would cost me a couple mil where I live.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Now that is a natural pond. The water looks really clear.

Jim

Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:28:24 CST, Kurt
wrote:

In article ,
Galen Hekhuis wrote:

I went out today and took a picture of the enlarged pond standing on
the new bank and looking back at the spot from where I took the first
picture. You can see the chair I sit in to shoot weeds. The reeds?
rushes? anyway, the plants you can see growing towards the center of
the old pond grow right along the air hose for the aerator, and I'm
too chicken to shoot at them.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g082007003.jpg
this is the picture I took a few days ago.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g062007007.jpg
I don't know how photobucket does it but I'm glad they do.

Don't know where you live, but pretty area. Nice, natural pond.
Beautiful. A yard that size would cost me a couple mil where I live.

Thanks. I live in northern Florida, in Suwannee County near the
Suwannee River. It has its good points and bad. Lots of folks have
heard about the area, and it is right near the intersection of two
interstate highways. Stephen C Foster never even saw the Suwannee
River, he was from South Carolina and was writing about the PeeDee
River up there, but Suwannee sounded better, I guess. It is quite
rural here, and it is not uncommon at all to see a tractor on the
roads here moving from field to field. There isn't much in the way of
jobs here, however, and that makes it pretty tough, especially for the
young. For more than you ever wanted to know about the Suwannee River
try this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suwannee_River
I live up in the northeast part of the county.
--
Galen Hekhuis
I may have mispoken

Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:28:33 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Now that is a natural pond. The water looks really clear.

Jim

That is what I noticed, how clear the water is, and it wasn't dug that long
ago. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: