GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Young Heron (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/164541-young-heron.html)

Bonnie 07-09-2007 07:34 PM

Young Heron

I looked at my window and something didn't look quite right. Then it
dawned on me, there were two herons by the pond! The statue and a
young heron. I guess it's that time of year, the young are out on
their own now and looking for a food source. Apparently it hadn't
tried to catch anything yet, my fish were are swimming peacefully. I
clapped my hands and it took off.
I'll have to watch all the time now. DH is in the Philippines and I
can't net the pond alone. Wish me luck.......
Bonnie
NJ

Reel McKoi[_12_] 07-09-2007 11:05 PM

Young Heron

"Bonnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I looked at my window and something didn't look quite right. Then it
dawned on me, there were two herons by the pond! The statue and a
young heron. I guess it's that time of year, the young are out on
their own now and looking for a food source. Apparently it hadn't
tried to catch anything yet, my fish were are swimming peacefully. I
clapped my hands and it took off.
I'll have to watch all the time now. DH is in the Philippines and I
can't net the pond alone. Wish me luck.......
Bonnie

====================
Grab a neighbor to help you. It doesn't take long. Once they find a pond of
fish they keep coming back.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

k 07-09-2007 11:13 PM

Young Heron

He must have been so confused
about that 'other heron'!

k :-)

Bonnie 08-09-2007 12:13 AM

Young Heron

====================
Grab a neighbor to help you. It doesn't take long. Once they find a pond of
fish they keep coming back.
--

RM....

I would if I knew where mh DH stored the supports for the netting!
Bonnie
NJ

Bonnie 08-09-2007 12:14 AM

Young Heron

On Sep 7, 6:13 pm, k wrote:
He must have been so confused
about that 'other heron'!

k :-)

I know I was at first :-)
Bonnie

~ jan[_3_] 08-09-2007 07:24 PM

Young Heron

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:14:03 CST, Bonnie wrote:

He must have been so confused
about that 'other heron'!
k :-)

I know I was at first :-)
Bonnie

Bonnie, go get a motion sprinkler, you can hook that up yourself in
minutes. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Bonnie 09-09-2007 01:14 AM

Young Heron

On Sep 8, 2:24 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:14:03 CST, Bonnie wrote:
He must have been so confused
about that 'other heron'!
k :-)

I know I was at first :-)
Bonnie

Bonnie, go get a motion sprinkler, you can hook that up yourself in
minutes. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

It needs a battery. I went out and got one now I have to put it in.
The scarecrow doesn't reach the upper pond to well. But the bugger of
a bird was actually on the walk next to the screened porch. I could
almost touch him!
Bonnie
NJ

Phyllis and Jim 09-09-2007 04:37 AM

Young Heron

May he be terrified and LEAVE!

Jim

~ jan[_3_] 09-09-2007 06:00 PM

Young Heron

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:14:46 CST, Bonnie wrote:

It needs a battery. I went out and got one now I have to put it in.
The scarecrow doesn't reach the upper pond to well. But the bugger of
a bird was actually on the walk next to the screened porch. I could
almost touch him!
Bonnie
NJ

Wow! Glad all you needed was a battery and not the whole kit. Hopefully
once sprayed he'll stay away. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us