Old 14-10-2007, 01:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Another Clay question -backfilling and slumping

The outside plumbing is pretty much finished now, so it's almost time to
install the liner. I was trying to fill the shaft around the gate valve
today, but the dirt was slumping badly into the pond. I did expect some of
this, but I thought I could overcome it by using mud to fill the shaft. But
it was not terribly successful. How about putting the liner in first and
filling the shaft with dirt as I add the water? The shaft is about 1x1x5 and
cut into the pond wall.

Any better ideas to reinforce the dirt or make it firmer?

Old 14-10-2007, 07:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:15:35 CST, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

Any better ideas to reinforce the dirt or make it firmer?

How about plywood to get everything in place, then let it rot. I
wouldn't have to worry about that here the termites would eat it
before it had time to decay.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb