Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Default iced over pond

Finally turned on the bubbler this week
and today we have an iced over pond
except for the area by the bubbler.
Good for fish and frogs and for the birdies
and squirrels that live in our huge pine tree.

Snow on and off all week but no snow days
or even delays for school much to the disappointment
of the high school senior at our house.

k :-)

Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"k" wrote in message
Finally turned on the bubbler this week
and today we have an iced over pond
except for the area by the bubbler.
Good for fish and frogs and for the birdies
and squirrels that live in our huge pine tree.

Snow on and off all week but no snow days
or even delays for school much to the disappointment
of the high school senior at our house.

k :-)

=========================
That's a reminder I have to get my water moving a bit before the bitter cold
hits. All the fish stopped eating now. They're ready for their winter's
rest. The tanks behind the house will be shut down this week, filters
cleaned and pumps put away.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:13 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Can't see most of the pond due to the snow on the screens. Brought in bird
bath with pump so the weather doesn't ruin it, put out a large electric dog
dish for the birds/squirrels. Wireless thermometer to the koi ponds is on
the fritz, so don't know the temp unless I walk out to the filter and pull
the one out of there and look.s ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered User

Hello,
I am interested in buying the iced over pond from you because i found so much good interest in it,please i will like to know if the above listed item is still available for sale?Cashier Cheque is my payment method.and im picking it up at your location at any time you want.

Regard
Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 05:13:08 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Can't see most of the pond due to the snow on the screens. Brought in bird
bath with pump so the weather doesn't ruin it, put out a large electric dog
dish for the birds/squirrels. Wireless thermometer to the koi ponds is on
the fritz, so don't know the temp unless I walk out to the filter and pull
the one out of there and look.s ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

My water temp thermometer doesn't work any more either, but I know
what is wrong with mine. I pinched the line going from the remote
unit to the bulb sensor with a staple while relocating it. I don't
have the ice problem you guys share, but I did enjoy not having to
walk outside to check the water temperature.

Ambient temperature right now is 61F tomorrow morning is supposed to
be down into the high 20's, so I might get a sliver of ice, but it is
like a high school romance, doesn't last long here. I do miss the
remote though.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Was I complaining about ice?
It is 65 today!!!!
There is a huge storm moving thru the
PNW. My son called and his basement
is flooding in Seattle. (Hmmm, should
mail him some pond plants and frogs)
k :-)

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article
,
k wrote:

Was I complaining about ice?
It is 65 today!!!!
There is a huge storm moving thru the
PNW. My son called and his basement
is flooding in Seattle. (Hmmm, should
mail him some pond plants and frogs)
k :-)

Not to worry, it may be raining frogs there soon. ;-)

Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Not to worry, it may be raining frogs there soon. ;-)

From what my son has been reporting it will be

cats and dogs, too. Also talked to dear daughter (they
are both at the same university) and they have flooding
in some of the campus buildings, which are on a hill!
But they are surrounded by Lake Washington, the slew
and the locks to the San Juan's. We may have to send
a boat for them at Christmas!
k :-)

Old 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article
,
k wrote:

Not to worry, it may be raining frogs there soon. ;-)

From what my son has been reporting it will be

cats and dogs, too.

Rained here last week. I stepped in a poodle.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:13:18 CST, ~ jan wrote:

It is an old model Springfield and may be 5 years old? Currently it is
working, as we've warmed up, so I'm thinking DS needs to look at it. They
now have a newer model out, I just wish it was easy to get the long wired
sensor. I called the company, but haven't heard back yet. ~ jan

Mine is made by Oregon Scientific and a long wired probe was shipped
to me yesterday. Amazon.com has them listed by other companies that
sell through them. I don't know if they would operate on the same
frequencies, or with the Springfield inside unit.

Will one of these work with your model?
http://tinyurl.com/2hgahn
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:08:30 CST, Hal wrote:

Mine is made by Oregon Scientific and a long wired probe was shipped
to me yesterday. Amazon.com has them listed by other companies that
sell through them. I don't know if they would operate on the same
frequencies, or with the Springfield inside unit.

Will one of these work with your model?
http://tinyurl.com/2hgahn

Yes, the 2nd one down. Last night though I happened to find another website
with the same price, so I ordered 2 of the remotes, as my sister dropped
hers in the pond. Unfortunately she didn't keep it, and tossed it and the
wire in the garbage. She did keep the base station, so I'll send the new
remote... and keep one for me for the wire. Figure I'd better do it now
since it is the older unit and I expect they will phase them out shortly.

Tx, Hal. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:21:48 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Will one of these work with your model?
http://tinyurl.com/2hgahn

Correction on this, this was the website I ordered from. Funny thing, since
I ordered it is now working perfectly, go figure. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:31:24 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Correction on this, this was the website I ordered from. Funny thing, since
I ordered it is now working perfectly, go figure. ~ jan

It is cheaper to wait and let it work as long as it will. Mine died
dead ded when I cut the lead.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

iced ivy Willi_9 Garden Photos 1 01-02-2017 01:50 PM
Hemlock iced Dan Espen[_2_] Garden Photos 4 22-02-2013 02:31 PM
Petunia Iced Dan Espen[_2_] Garden Photos 0 04-02-2013 01:48 AM
NOW OVER 20 MILLION CARDS AVA FROM OVER 500 SELLERS all in checklist order krs4b Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:16 PM
Spider mites, over and over and over Jonathan Sachs[_2_] Gardening 9 09-08-2007 04:37 AM