GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Feed them - dont feed them?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/168574-feed-them-dont-feed-them.html)

wibble 27-12-2007 10:29 AM

Feed them - dont feed them??

With all this quirky weather - really cold then.... quite mild - what's the rule for feeding? Mild ady - so the koi are moving about a bit - as soon as I think I should feed them the weather breaks and goes minus again overnight - should I just leave them alone until spring and the weather warms up and becomes stable again?

k 27-12-2007 06:38 PM

Feed them - dont feed them??

Rule of thumb ~ stop feeding for the winter
when the water temp reaches about 55 degrees.
Feed again in the spring when water temp stays
above 55 degrees consistently.

k :-)