GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   gratuitous pond picture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/170185-gratuitous-pond-picture.html)

adavisus 07-01-2008 10:33 PM

gratuitous pond picture

Just to see if the photobucket link works, uploading files does not

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/

Hal[_1_] 23-01-2008 03:06 PM

Roark's Website

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:01:03 CST, Derek Broughton
wrote:

We always found that the fish & dragonflies took care of any potential
mosquito problem from our pond in Ontario, and we were otherwise not near
enough water to have a problem. In Nova Scotia, the flies (more blacklfies
than mosquitoes) are awful nearby, but the onshore evening breeze seems to
keep them away from our property.

How fortunate! Citronella lamps sell good here.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Reel McKoi[_14_] 23-01-2008 11:33 PM

Roark's Website

wrote:

We always found that the fish & dragonflies took care of any potential
mosquito problem from our pond in Ontario, and we were otherwise not near
enough water to have a problem. In Nova Scotia, the flies (more
blacklfies
than mosquitoes) are awful nearby, but the onshore evening breeze seems to
keep them away from our property.

How fortunate! Citronella lamps sell good here.

Here too but they don't work all that well. Been there - done that.
DeepWoodsOff works but then you smell like a chemical plant. :-þ

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.