Old 27-01-2008, 06:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default A web cam 4 winter

I finally understand how people who get a lot of snow feel about their
ponds disappearing. A web cam installed under the screens would be nice
about now. Though I don't know if there would be enough light?

Yesterday we got an ice storm that coated everything with 1/4-1/2" of ice.
Needless to say, the screens were coated and solid, but I could still see &
hear moving water. Today, snow, at least 3" currently and still falling. I
can neither see or hear the water. The only thing that gives me comfort is
the pond temp has gone up from 37 to 39F, and since the heater is in the
lower pond and the thermometer is in the upper pond, there must be flow
between.

Heater has since been turned off for the first time in a week! Dread my
power bill after this month. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 27-01-2008, 07:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

There was a news feature the other night about Washington State -
something about training troups.....I looked at the snow and the ice and
thought of you......sure you would trade our cold, grey damp for a few
days at least and just for a couple of days we wouldn't mind the snow :-)

Gill

Old 28-01-2008, 08:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

There was a news feature the other night about Washington State -
something about training troups.....I looked at the snow and the ice and
thought of you......sure you would trade our cold, grey damp for a few
days at least and just for a couple of days we wouldn't mind the snow :-)
Gill

Naaaa, not into cold, damp or grey, we get a few of those too. ;-) I
actually relished every moment while it snow. We ended up with ~ 8"! Snowed
all day and didn't stop till after 7pm sometime! This on top of 1/4-1/2" of
ice! Took DH an hour to de-encrust his truck with a heat gun on high.
Currently we are sunny and 26F and it is beautiful out. Thankfully this was
a no school day for me anyway, others in the area had to cancel classes.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: