GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Eco Plus pump experience (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/171348-eco-plus-pump-experience.html)

old dirtbeard 25-02-2008 12:23 AM

Eco Plus pump experience

Hi all,

I posted a message a week or so ago about cycling the pump off and on to
reduce electrical consumption, and based upon your feedback, I think I will
look to a less power-hungry pump for the evening hours. From what I can see,
the "gallon per wattage champion" would appear to be the Eco series pumps:

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/home/tp...ter_pumps.html

Particularly here I am thinking about:

1267-gph (EPP325) - 90 watts; max lift 14.7', 3/4"- 1" outlet fitting. 15'
cord.

I have seen it listed from $55-$85 -- should have sufficient head to
maintain good flow with the waterfalls.

My question this time is whether any of you have tried these pumps and have
you found them to be reliable? This pump only has a one year warrantee which
bothers me a bit, but it only would need to run 12 hrs/day.

The Aquascape 3,000 gal/hr pumps I currently am running use 280 watts, so
the energy savings would be substantial (~832 kWh/YR) for one pump.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

best,

doug

JB[_1_] 25-02-2008 03:07 AM

Eco Plus pump experience

Doug,

Just curious, why are you wanting a pump with less than half the capacity of
the one you currently use? (1267 gph vs. 3,000 gph) If the larger size pump
was properly sized for your pond then you'll experience problems using the
smaller pump. I believe that you can get an OASE Nautilus 1200 gph pump that
uses a comparable amount of electricity and it will come with a five year
warranty.

John

t...

old dirtbeard 26-02-2008 04:14 AM

Eco Plus pump experience

Just curious, why are you wanting a pump with less than half the capacity
of the one you currently use? (1267 gph vs. 3,000 gph) If the larger size
pump was properly sized for your pond then you'll experience problems
using the smaller pump. I believe that you can get an OASE Nautilus 1200
gph pump that uses a comparable amount of electricity and it will come
with a five year warranty.

John

Hi John,

I am just trying to reduce electrical consumption. The 2,200 gallon pond as
a 20 foot river and a four-level water fall. It has two 3,000 gal/hr pumps
to create a reasonably impressive waterfalls. I only use one pump at a time
normally, and it still is over-kill as far as the pond turn-over ratio.

I just thought I could run a 1,200 gallon/hr pump at night when there is
nobody there to see the waterfall and save some electricity.

best,

doug

Chrissiedenham 19-11-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old dirtbeard (Post 776099)
[...]

Hi have you tried the maximus eco pumps? I'm new to this and recently set up my pond which I'm quite proud of! Seems to be running fine, I got it from this website:

http://www.gardenlimited.co.uk/produ...p/prod_22.html

All the best Christina