GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Low Water Shut Off (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/173243-low-water-shut-off.html)

phillerup 19-04-2008 09:46 PM

Low Water Shut Off

I have a low water shut off and it seems to have stopped working.
Wont tun on when its submerged. Anything I can do to try and fix it?

~ jan[_3_] 20-04-2008 06:27 PM

Low Water Shut Off

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:46:42 EDT, phillerup wrote:

I have a low water shut off and it seems to have stopped working.
Wont tun on when its submerged. Anything I can do to try and fix it?

What have you tried so far? I guess I'd bring it in and give it a good
clean up and play with it in a bucket of warm water to see if it will fix
itself. Not sure what kind you have, but I know the kind I have, if it
stopped working there is no way to open and fix. Not sure I'd want to
either, since mine is called a mercury float switch... I assume the word
mercury was used for a reason. :-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us