GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Angle of dangle (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/173400-angle-dangle.html)

Pete C[_2_] 22-04-2008 08:54 PM

Angle of dangle

I want to create a stream about 8ft long, 15 inches wide. Water pumped from
the pond, and returning via a small waterfall. I intend to use a dedicated
pump of 3,000lph. I need to work out the angle of fall for the stream to
create a natural looking flow. Stream won't be deep.....a few inches, but
will have water lettuce/cress anchored along it. Any clever people got ideas
please? :)
--
Pete C
London UK

Pete Stockdale 26-05-2008 05:25 PM

Angle of dangle

"Pete C" wrote in message
I want to create a stream about 8ft long, 15 inches wide. Water pumped from
the pond, and returning via a small waterfall. I intend to use a dedicated
pump of 3,000lph. I need to work out the angle of fall for the stream to
create a natural looking flow. Stream won't be deep.....a few inches, but
will have water lettuce/cress anchored along it. Any clever people got
ideas please? :)
--
Pete C
London UK

How about a fall of one in forty - what is used in drain piping.
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com