Old 31-05-2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default PondMaster pumps

I just bought a new fountain pump, a PondMaster 12. I was really
surprised by the weight, it must weigh twice as much as my Laguna
2900, but it only has half the flow. I suspect this is a good thing
based on my experience with the Laguna pumps.

Does anyone have any experience with the longevity of the PondMaster
pumps?

Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 31 May 2008 14:09:24 EDT, Slick Willy wrote:

I just bought a new fountain pump, a PondMaster 12. I was really
surprised by the weight, it must weigh twice as much as my Laguna
2900, but it only has half the flow. I suspect this is a good thing
based on my experience with the Laguna pumps.

Does anyone have any experience with the longevity of the PondMaster
pumps?

All mine are still running. Various ages with the oldest being 2001. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Slick Willy wrote:

I just bought a new fountain pump, a PondMaster 12. I was really
surprised by the weight, it must weigh twice as much as my Laguna
2900, but it only has half the flow. I suspect this is a good thing
based on my experience with the Laguna pumps.

Does anyone have any experience with the longevity of the PondMaster
pumps?

I only have experience with the PondMaster AP-40 air pump. My first one
lasted 3 years and then stopped pumping even though the motor was still
running. The second one stopped pumping after a couple months. I
called Danner Mfg, the manufacturer of PondMaster pumps and they sent me
kits to rebuild both of them. My plan is to have one running and one as
a backup. The rebuilding kit cost $10 and a new pump is $100.
Apparently the rebuilding kits should last about 3 years. I let it run
all year long.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6

Old 03-06-2008, 04:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I had to replace the spinner and the nose housing on one of mine. Been running since
1994 or so. They do have longevity and use less energy than most other pumps. I now
have a second one for backup. INgrid

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:20:43 EDT, Stephen Henning wrote:
I only have experience with the PondMaster AP-40 air pump. My first one
lasted 3 years and then stopped pumping even though the motor was still
running.

Rate This Thread: