GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   new fish outing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/176508-new-fish-outing.html)

kathy[_3_] 01-07-2008 10:29 PM

new fish outing

Jan and Kathy and youngest son, Computer Geek Boy, went off
to a local pond shop. Jan had won a raffle for a free fish so Kathy
was getting a new fish! :-)) Computer Geek Boy had been contacted
to help with fish store's web page.

Jan picked out a very pretty yellow and silver butterfly koi who is
happily
swimming in the pond as we type. This fish had been onsite for two
months
so we are confident everyone will get along. Fish swam out of the bag
and
looked right at home, hung out and didn't dart away, checking out the
pond. Soaking some koi kibble for a family dinner.

We drove back thru our long, wonderful park along the river (one of
many,
founding fathers and mothers were smart) and checked out all the
damage
that the last thunderstorm did to the trees. Thunder is now sounding
again
so I'll send this along.

k :-)

~ jan[_3_] 02-07-2008 12:04 PM

new fish outing

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:29:50 EDT, kathy wrote:

This fish had been onsite for two
months so we are confident everyone will get along.

Well.... actually, had it been me it still would have gone thru a long
quarantine, so I'm not sure confident is the correct word. Perhaps fairly
safe that koi won't give the goldfish any cooties they can't fight off. If
anything the new koi is more than likely to catch something. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

kathy[_3_] 02-07-2008 04:16 PM

new fish outing

We have been blessed by the Good Luck Pond Fairy.
(You just have to leave out generous offerings of dark chocolate...)

k :-)