GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   water lettuce (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/176599-water-lettuce.html)

gmb 05-07-2008 03:19 AM

water lettuce

Water lettuce, which I love are... annuals. I bought 2. Because my
pond is mostly in shade now that the trees have leafed out have done
their magic - the lettuce has split apart like spider plants but
remain small. The small amount of sunshine that falls on the pond when
they are drawn to low current spots (wind/waterfall current). Anyone
have great ideas "sequestering" them in the available sunshine that
doesn't look too contrived?

D Kat 05-07-2008 04:37 AM

water lettuce

sure - easy - just use plastic clear fishing line - just loop it around the
plants and anchor it to the area you want them in. donna