GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Water celery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/176787-water-celery.html)

San Diego Joe 11-07-2008 11:29 PM

Water celery

Earlier this year I received some water celery (Thank you Jim!)

It's growing quite well and a thought has occurred to me. Is this stuff
invasive in warm climates?

It took me three years to eliminate the pennywort and even now an occasional
seed will sprout. I also have watercress which grows prolifically, but is
easy to just rip out.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Phyllis and Jim 12-07-2008 03:54 AM

Water celery

Can grow in the ground. Not hard to rip out...here in Jackson.

Jim

Bonnie NJ 12-07-2008 11:31 PM

Water celery

It grows even grows in the ground in New Jersey and is hardy too. If
it gets too plentiful I pull it out. It can also be trimmed if it
gets too leggy.
Bonnie
NJ

Phyllis and Jim 14-07-2008 12:24 AM