GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Fay churns away (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/178033-fay-churns-away.html)

Galen Hekhuis 21-08-2008 07:55 PM

Fay churns away

Here at the intersection of I-75 and I-10, as of 10 am Thurs we have
had a whopping .12 inches of rain so far and virtually no wind. Things
are supposed to get wetter as time goes on. It would probably make
the frogs happy.

kathy[_3_] 21-08-2008 10:50 PM

Fay churns away

I think we got your rain.
Right in the middle of harvest, 1.7 inches of rain
on top of the wheat crop. Poor BIL, a farmer, was
very glum when I saw him yesterday. More rain
on the way :-(

Did you get more rain today, Galen?

k :-)

Galen Hekhuis 22-08-2008 02:07 AM

Fay churns away

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:50:33 EDT, kathy wrote:

I think we got your rain.
Right in the middle of harvest, 1.7 inches of rain
on top of the wheat crop. Poor BIL, a farmer, was
very glum when I saw him yesterday. More rain
on the way :-(

Did you get more rain today, Galen?

k :-)

Not yet. It's almost 6 and we don't even have a tenth of an inch yet.
I hear some folks are really getting it, but it's not us.

Phyllis and Jim 22-08-2008 04:25 AM

Fay churns away

I'll bet your mud hole is full!

Jim

Galen Hekhuis 22-08-2008 04:31 PM

Fay churns away

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:25:11 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

I'll bet your mud hole is full!

Jim

You'd be wrong. Less than an inch of rain so far.

Phyllis and Jim 24-08-2008 02:36 PM

Fay churns away in Jackson

Fay has decided to visit Jackson! She is filling our ponds. Last
year, my acre pond was down by 28". Today, it is full. Soon, we will
try out the standpipe on a serious basis. It is, however, a nice
problem to have.

Galen, I am suffering the consequence of expecting your pond to
fill. Thus far, the rains are steady but the winds are no biggie.

Recent straight line winds broke a 28" pine out by our acre pond. I
have to get out the chain saw and go to work! Fay appears much tamer.

Jim

~ jan[_3_] 24-08-2008 08:25 PM

Fay churns away in Jackson

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:36:32 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Recent straight line winds broke a 28" pine out by our acre pond. I
have to get out the chain saw and go to work! Fay appears much tamer.
Jim

28" diameter? How many feet tall? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Phyllis and Jim 25-08-2008 12:54 AM

Fay churns away in Jackson

Have not measured it yet.

Big!

Jim

Hal[_1_] 25-08-2008 04:35 PM

Fay churns away in Jackson

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:54:06 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Have not measured it yet.

Big!

The last three days have measured 2.7" of rain for my back yard and
the weeds are growing well..
My dog didn't like the thunder, but the rain was great and no wind
damage in my area. The sun is really warm today and the air is fresh,
while at the gage I saw a black swallowtail fly up and around another
flower bed. It looks like a good day and I hope you have one too.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

kathy[_3_] 26-08-2008 05:39 PM

Fay churns away in Jackson

Okay, gulf states and neighbors, here
comes Guston!

k :-O

Reel Mckoi 28-08-2008 02:53 PM

Fay churns away in Jackson

"kathy" wrote in message
Okay, gulf states and neighbors, here
comes Guston!

k :-O

I got an email from a friend in Fla telling me some of her gaiters are
becoming a problem in some flooded areas.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.