GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   pond filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/178268-pond-filter.html)

PAT AYMAR 31-08-2008 12:12 AM

pond filter

I use a waterfall filter for a 2500gal pond and was considering a 2nd filter
on the other end.
Any one use this one" FISHMATE PRESSURIZED BIO POND FILTER"

Just trying to get advice from anyone that has this filter. I was thinking
about the 3000.

Pat

JB[_1_] 31-08-2008 02:16 AM

pond filter

I don't have any experience with a Fishmate pressurized filter but I do have
a BioFalls filter on a 3,000 gallon pond. No problem in keeping the water
clear. Just curious on why you perceive the need for a second filter on your
pond?

PAT 31-08-2008 09:48 PM

pond filter

I like the waterfall filter, but the pond has a channel to another part of
the pond. I thought it would help the bigger filter, making cleaning times
less time than they are. I have 2 koi that are 17yrs old and love to dig.
The comets are also that old. All the smaller ones are pond born. I have
some photos at webshots, but they are from before the channel was widened.

PAT 01-09-2008 12:12 AM

pond filter

To see the pictures from 2004 go he

http://community.webshots.com/user/pbrown321

Pat

Phyllis and Jim 01-09-2008 01:12 AM

pond filter

I do not know anything about your filter, but I like the old photos of
your pond.

Phyllis

chip 01-09-2008 03:00 AM

pond filter

PAT wrote:
To see the pictures from 2004 go he

http://community.webshots.com/user/pbrown321

Pat

Is that a veggie filter built of landscape logs or just a above ground
planter?

Chip

Peter Pan[_3_] 01-09-2008 04:48 AM

pond filter

How big is the pump you are using to get that type of affect for the
water fall? My Fall is trickling, I need more volume then what I have

PAT 01-09-2008 04:48 AM

pond filter

It's a preformed waterfall surrounded by rock.
I have some new photo's I haven't posted yet.
The small channel going under the bridge was widened and the waterfall was
made larger and wider across. The pond was put in 1987.

Pat

Peter Breed 01-09-2008 03:24 PM

pond filter

I run a Fishmate 10000UV, its mostly done a good job.
A couple of niggles - when I upgrade the hoses from 25mm to 32mm the
hose connectors got distorted - the plastic could be thicker.
My other whinge would be the back wash. This requires you to remove a
25mm cap and add a hose connector. I have improvised a hose and valve
arrangement which is more convenient.
Peter

~ jan[_3_] 01-09-2008 11:32 PM

pond filter

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:12:10 EDT, "PAT" wrote:

To see the pictures from 2004 go he

http://community.webshots.com/user/pbrown321

Pat

Pat, Absolutely lovely. Thanks for posting your site, I really enjoyed the
tour, beautiful back yard and pond. I love your little table/chair nook. Do
you use it often? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

PAT 02-09-2008 01:56 AM

pond filter

The pump on the waterfall is : Cal Pump PWM5200 Mag Drive Waterfall

It sells for around $150.00

The question on the kids nooK? Did you mean the arbor? I use it for grilling
outdoors. The arbor was once a deck where you could enter to the pool that
is gone now. I have a greenhouse there instead. The kids are grown now and
have pools of there own. The kids in any of the pictures are my
grandchildren there are now 7 of them.
Christmas was supposed to cost less at retirement!!!!!!

Pat

~ jan[_3_] 06-09-2008 01:25 PM

pond filter

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 20:56:47 EDT, "PAT" wrote:

The question on the kids nooK?

The one picture with the table and 2 chairs?

Christmas was supposed to cost less at retirement!!!!!!
Pat

LOL!!!!! Who told you that myth? ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us