GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   1st post (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/178287-1st-post.html)

theilliniguy 31-08-2008 02:50 PM

1st post

I have been trying to post thru my newsreader ap but none show up.
Is Google the only way?

D Kat[_2_] 31-08-2008 09:48 PM

1st post

What is your mail application (do you use Outlook Express?) ? What is your
Operating System (XP?)

You should be able to add a newsroom account to whatever mail application
you use. What server do you use? They typically will give you instructions
on how to set this up in the same place they told you how to set up your
mail account.

Give us more information and someone here can help you.

Donna

~ jan[_3_] 31-08-2008 09:49 PM

1st post

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:50:07 EDT, theilliniguy
wrote:

I have been trying to post thru my newsreader ap but none show up.
Is Google the only way?

Using Agent Forte 3.3 here to read and send. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

theilliniguy 01-09-2008 03:23 PM

1st post

On Aug 31, 3:48 pm, "D Kat" wrote:
What is your mail application (do you use Outlook Express?) ? What is

your
Operating System (XP?)

You should be able to add a newsroom account to whatever mail application
you use. What server do you use? They typically will give you instr

uctions
on how to set this up in the same place they told you how to set up your
mail account.

Give us more information and someone here can help you.

Donna

"theilliniguy" wrote in message

I have been trying to post thru my newsreader ap but none show up.
Is Google the only way?

I use Outlook Express. I have success with 2 servers (1)
netnews.mchsi.com and (2) free.teranews.com. This post did show up in
both but several attempts to post in both groups before did not.

theilliniguy 01-09-2008 03:26 PM

1st post

On Aug 31, 3:48 pm, "D Kat" wrote:
What is your mail application (do you use Outlook Express?) ? What is

your
Operating System (XP?)

You should be able to add a newsroom account to whatever mail application
you use. What server do you use? They typically will give you instr

uctions
on how to set this up in the same place they told you how to set up your
mail account.

Give us more information and someone here can help you.

Donna

"theilliniguy" wrote in message

I have been trying to post thru my newsreader ap but none show up.
Is Google the only way?

here is the error i get when sending thru free.teranews.com

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' 1st post',
Account: 'free.teranews.com', Server: 'free.teranews.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 Couldn't mail your post to the moderator,
please try again', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Derek Broughton 01-09-2008 04:05 PM

1st post

theilliniguy wrote:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' 1st post',
Account: 'free.teranews.com', Server: 'free.teranews.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 Couldn't mail your post to the moderator,
please try again', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Interesting.

Moderators: is there still a direct email address available for sending to
the moderation queue? One could get around the problem that way.
--
derek

Reel Mckoi 02-09-2008 05:26 PM

1st post

"theilliniguy" wrote in message
I have been trying to post thru my newsreader ap but none show up.
Is Google the only way?

==================Sometimes posts go the the Twilight Zone.... I'm using OutlookExpress and

mine show up.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Reel Mckoi 02-09-2008 05:26 PM

1st post

"theilliniguy" wrote in message

here is the error i get when sending thru free.teranews.com

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' 1st post',
Account: 'free.teranews.com', Server: 'free.teranews.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 Couldn't mail your post to the moderator,
please try again', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
========================Teranews is one of the worst. I have one of their accounts also. Many ti
mes
they lose messages. Try Albasani or one of the other free servers that ar
much better. Greatnowhere.com is a good one as is Motzerella.com. They
are
free with no starting charges.
--

RM....