GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   underground filter query (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/179927-underground-filter-query.html)

Sky-Catcher[_2_] 24-11-2008 01:34 PM

underground filter query

Hi,

I have a pond with a bottom drain and an adjacent cellar. Are there any
filter systems that can be below ground level (and below the level of the
pond water) and fed via gravity (ie bottom drain).

Thanks,

Sky

Pete C[_2_] 24-11-2008 07:43 PM

underground filter query

Sky-Catcher wrote:
Hi,

I have a pond with a bottom drain and an adjacent cellar. Are there
any filter systems that can be below ground level (and below the
level of the pond water) and fed via gravity (ie bottom drain).

Thanks,

Sky

I suppose you could put a pump after filter to move the water back up to the
pond. Not something I'd ever consider........faulty pump equals full cellar,
empty pond. ?
--
Pete C
London UK

~ jan[_3_] 25-11-2008 03:32 AM

underground filter query

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:34:33 EST, "Sky-Catcher" wrote:

I have a pond with a bottom drain and an adjacent cellar. Are there any
filter systems that can be below ground level (and below the level of the
pond water) and fed via gravity (ie bottom drain).
Sky

Is this where the top would also be lower than the surface of the pond? If
so, perhaps one of the bead pressurized units? ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us