GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Little Giant Papyrus in Winter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/180160-little-giant-papyrus-winter.html)

A Sel 03-12-2008 03:36 AM

Little Giant Papyrus in Winter

We had a few nights below freezing here in NC and my papyrus turned
from a nice green to a not so nice brown. Should I cut the plant back
for the winter or leave the now dead looking stalks and pompoms as
they are?

~ jan[_3_] 07-12-2008 01:51 PM

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:36:00 EST, A Sel wrote:

We had a few nights below freezing here in NC and my papyrus turned
from a nice green to a not so nice brown. Should I cut the plant back
for the winter or leave the now dead looking stalks and pompoms as
they are?

Depends on if you like the look. Here, if we want our papyrus to survive we
bring it in for winter. Does yours survive freezing normally, coming back
in the spring? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us