Old 27-12-2008, 05:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Fish are still Alive

Here in NJ its been real cold as I'm sure it is in other parts of the
country. For a few days, it warmed up a bit, I went to my pond and saw
the fish still at the bottom. But after a few days of it being warm,
they were actually swimming around the bottom. Thye were moving
slowly, but none the less the were alive and doing well..

I'm really looking forward to spring and the water temps rising.. I
miss feeding them.

Hoep everyone's pond is doing well..

Old 27-12-2008, 01:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article
,
Peter Pan wrote:

Here in NJ its been real cold as I'm sure it is in other parts of the
country. For a few days, it warmed up a bit, I went to my pond and saw
the fish still at the bottom. But after a few days of it being warm,
they were actually swimming around the bottom. Thye were moving
slowly, but none the less the were alive and doing well..

I'm really looking forward to spring and the water temps rising.. I
miss feeding them.

Hoep everyone's pond is doing well..

Yup, much the same here in northern Delaware. Going to be 55F. today,
67F. tomorrow and by Wednesday night down to 25F. This is really going
to mess with the heads of lots of critters out there!

Jerry
KB2GCG

Old 29-12-2008, 03:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Dec 27, 8:50 am, Gerald Simonowits wrote:
In article
,
Peter Pan wrote:

Here in NJ its been real cold as I'm sure it is in other parts of the
country. For a few days, it warmed up a bit, I went to my pond and saw
the fish still at the bottom. But after a few days of it being warm,
they were actually swimming around the bottom. Thye were moving
slowly, but none the less the were alive and doing well..

I'm really looking forward to spring and the water temps rising.. I
miss feeding them.

Hoep everyone's pond is doing well..

Yup, much the same here in northern Delaware. Going to be 55F. today,
67F. tomorrow and by Wednesday night down to 25F. This is really going
to mess with the heads of lots of critters out there!

Jerry
KB2GCG

Hey Jerry, we're in Kent Co, near MD border, Marydel. We just took
the screening off the top of the pond as the leaves are all down now
and we like to see our wet pets.
Peter Pan, our 20+ koi and gf are cruising around very slowly too.
That's their winter mode. I'd love to have the pond covered for winter
to keep it warmer, but that may not help as it is raised above ground
level about 1'.
Going to order spring feed soon so we are ready for spring. I know ~I~
am ready for spring!!(even before winter starts I am ready for warm
weather!)
Happy Ponding, Nan in DE

Old 30-12-2008, 02:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article
,

Peter Pan wrote:

[...]

Nice, we have a much more modest pond here in New Castle county. We
leave the netting on the pond all year around as there are local cats, a
family of red fox's and other critters that would enjoy a tasty treat!
The wind that we've had lately also blew some leaves from the neighbors
onto the pond....

Happy ponding to you!
Jerry, in DE

Rate This Thread: