Old 02-01-2009, 06:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Happy NY 2009

Happy New Year 2009.

We've had a warm up in our area of the PNW. Snow is almost gone and even
had one day in the 50's, otherwise 40's. Did a water change on the koi
ponds and fish seem to appreciate it by swimming around a bit. Water temp a
bit over 40F. Supposedly the next 10 days weather is suppose to stay mild.

Military son headed back to TX. Leaves for Iraq (3rd time) in Feb., and I'm
taking down the tree today. :-( ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jan 2, 1:47 am, ~ jan wrote:
Happy New Year 2009.

We've had a warm up in our area of the PNW. Snow is almost gone and even
had one day in the 50's, otherwise 40's. Did a water change on the koi
ponds and fish seem to appreciate it by swimming around a bit. Water temp

bit over 40F. Supposedly the next 10 days weather is suppose to stay mild

..

Military son headed back to TX. Leaves for Iraq (3rd time) in Feb., and I

'm
taking down the tree today. :-( ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

Hi Jan, been there done that with military son returning to duty. Ours
retired 3 years ago and is now 2 hours from us, what a pleasure!! He
was up in the air above most of the action, Naval Air. Will keep yours
in prayer!!
Don't go into the Mountains!! Sounds very dangerous out there. Are
you near the flooding and sliding??
Nan in DE

Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Keep us posted on his military posting. Our oldest did a tour with
the special forces in Afghanistan. Lots of fighting at 3-6000 ft. We
were glad to get him back.

Jim

Old 11-01-2009, 04:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I'll answer for Jan as we live 5 minutes apart.
We are getting our flooding now. The Yakima River is cresting today.
I know one road is blocked and a couple houses surrounded by water
but nobody flooded out. And it should stay that way. We've had worse.
Passes shut down, I-5 shut down for a while - that was pretty major.

k :-)

Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jan 10, 11:05 pm, kathy wrote:
I'll answer for Jan as we live 5 minutes apart.
We are getting our flooding now. The Yakima River is cresting today.
I know one road is blocked and a couple houses surrounded by water
but nobody flooded out. And it should stay that way. We've had worse.
Passes shut down, I-5 shut down for a while - that was pretty major.

k :-)

Glad y'all are alright. It's a scary time weather wise in several
parts of the country, muchless the world.
Here in DE we seem to avoid most snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and
floods. Being on a peninsula the soil is mostly sandy, with some
clay, and no hills, just a few lumps. Our biggest problem is worrying
about the trees that surround the house falling on it. We try to get
them down if they look at all suspicious, but Mom Nature has the last
say. The humidity in the summer is suffocating, but the pool makes
that bearable, and the garden and fish pond keep us out of trouble!!
Best wishes for 2009!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:00:42 EST, "Nan & Rich Zitney"
wrote:

Glad y'all are alright. It's a scary time weather wise in several
parts of the country, muchless the world.
Here in DE we seem to avoid most snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and
floods. Being on a peninsula the soil is mostly sandy, with some
clay, and no hills, just a few lumps. Our biggest problem is worrying
about the trees that surround the house falling on it. We try to get
them down if they look at all suspicious, but Mom Nature has the last
say. The humidity in the summer is suffocating, but the pool makes
that bearable, and the garden and fish pond keep us out of trouble!!
Best wishes for 2009!

Completely missed the part where you asked if we were close to the disaster
areas. Kathy & I are up a hill, probably over 100 ft above from where the
flooding (in our area) is happening. If Grand Coulee dam broke we might get
worried. ;-) Otherwise we're not near the mountains but in the desert of WA
state.

I am glad during the recent wind storm that DH took down the dead maple
tree that was next to the house this fall. Even if the main part of the
tree didn't fall over, I'm sure lots of limbs would have been snapping as
it was quite brittle. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: