GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   New Pond Stuff? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/181377-new-pond-stuff.html)

[email protected] 01-04-2009 03:23 PM

New Pond Stuff?

or build a really looooong filter. the "stuff" settles out. this year I have the
celery in an in the pond filter sitting on the shelf where the lily sat and under the
plastic and went great guns all winter even tho the plastic kept ripping and shifting
and stuff froze on it. that celery is tough stuff.
Ingrid

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:10:21 EST, Jim and Phyllis wrote:
The rule of thumb is
10% of the surface. We use water celery and hyacinth...lots of roots.

[email protected] 01-04-2009 03:23 PM

New Pond Stuff?

much better to have a closed pond and add no fish. less chance of bringing in
disease. Ingrid

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:46:48 EDT, W Dale wrote:
I do not think I will be buy
anymore unless I see one that I simply MUST have! LOL.