Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond Nightmares

Any one have nightmares about their ponds?

Last night I dreamed there were 2 raccoons, a coyote and a black bear in my
and my neighbor's backyard. I had bird netting on the pond (it was spring
because the plants were growing and everything was green and the dang
raccoons were ripping apart a nicely growing clematis on the fence)...
anyway, the bird netting was slipping off and the pond was exposed and I
needed to get to work. Everything sure looked pretty though. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 04-03-2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
Any one have nightmares about their ponds?

Last night I dreamed there were 2 raccoons, a coyote and a black bear i

my
and my neighbor's backyard. I had bird netting on the pond (it was spri

ng
because the plants were growing and everything was green and the dang
raccoons were ripping apart a nicely growing clematis on the fence)...
anyway, the bird netting was slipping off and the pond was exposed and

needed to get to work. Everything sure looked pretty though. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

=================================Several times over the years I had dreams herons were getting the fish. :
-(
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 4, 11:04 am, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:
"~ jan" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö- Hide quoted text -

I had a Blue Herion sitting on the netting to my pond trying to get
himself an Hors'Dovre. Fortunately I own a Beagle.. she hate critters
in the yard. She took one look at the over sized bird and charged
after it.. The bird has not been back since.
The beagle was given a nice raw hide for her diligence

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article
,

"~ jan" wrote in message

[...]

The herons have a keen memory for ponds that have food. You might have
dodged a bullet if that particular bird didn't get a snack before your
beagle came out.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

We had a GBH come by today. Jim watched it as it tried to figure out
how to get into the pond. The sides are straight cement and there are
greenery overlaps in various places. After a while, it left! We
shall see if it comes back. Thus far, pond 1, heron 0

Phyllis

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Kitchen Nightmares USA Ian F. Ponds 0 25-12-2007 11:10 PM
Kitchen Nightmares USA DVDfever Dom Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:49 PM
BBC and the Power of Nightmares [email protected] United Kingdom 2 19-10-2006 11:11 AM
Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond? MC Ponds 2 28-05-2003 03:08 PM
Shareholders Pond is an EPDM Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 5 28-04-2003 02:08 PM