Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Hi, guys!

I just stumbled upon this moderated rec.ponds. How long has it been
moderated? I was a member of rec.ponds back in 1997 when it used to
be an old-type newsgroup. Then, when it went to Google Groups, it was
all SPAM, and I stopped looking at it. Are any of you ponders still
around from when I was only a decade ago?

Robyn
Fishpondinfo.com

Old 04-03-2009, 03:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote in message
I just stumbled upon this moderated rec.ponds. How long has it been
moderated? I was a member of rec.ponds back in 1997 when it used to
be an old-type newsgroup. Then, when it went to Google Groups, it was
all SPAM, and I stopped looking at it. Are any of you ponders still
around from when I was only a decade ago?

Robyn
Fishpondinfo.com

===========================Yes, I'm still here but working my way out of keeping fish in my ponds. I
'll
just
keep them for the frogs and whatever decides to live in them that needs n
care.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I check out the Freshwater Aquarium newsgroup sometimes and read this
post:

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...841b80a91113b#

It has a link to this group.

I took rec.ponds off my pond resources page a few years ago but I will
put this group on there in a few days. That may bring you a few more
people. I can also mention it in my newsletter going out Saturday.

Do a lot of people still use newsgroups the old fashioned way or are
most of you doing it through Google now like I am?

I recognize your name ReelMcKoi from way back when.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Fishy" wrote in message
I check out the Freshwater Aquarium newsgroup sometimes and read this
post:

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...owse_thread/th

read/fb4841b80a91113b#

It has a link to this group.

I took rec.ponds off my pond resources page a few years ago but I will
put this group on there in a few days. That may bring you a few more
people. I can also mention it in my newsletter going out Saturday.

Do a lot of people still use newsgroups the old fashioned way or are
most of you doing it through Google now like I am?

I recognize your name ReelMcKoi from way back when.

=======================================
Hi Fishy, I've been around here for years. I use free newsservers.
I hate posting through Google.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:31:52 EST, Fishy wrote:

Do a lot of people still use newsgroups the old fashioned way or are
most of you doing it through Google now like I am?

I don't think Agent will ever be out of style at my house. I like
Google for finding things, but Agent for newsgroups and email.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 07-03-2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:31:52 EST, Fishy wrote:

I check out the Freshwater Aquarium newsgroup sometimes and read this
post:

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...841b80a91113b#

Welcome back Robyn and welcome to Fishy!

I think I found RP just a bit before Robyn, Kathy enlighten me in '96-97,
while I was pushing her to finish her pond. I put my ponds in spring of 95,
and became a computer user soon after when I discovered there was actually
information I could use on them. (CompuServe's Fishnet) Those were
interesting days when my hubby had to give up his now very old laptop so I
could play. Now he runs a network business and the whole house is
networked.

The Freshwater Aquarium group has done a lot to help us along, at the
beginning they gave some of us ponders a home when RP became trashed and
Ron/George started work on getting us back as a newsgroup.

I'm like Hal, I still LOVE my newsreader over forums. Read 'em and delete
'em is my motto, with a few days grace in the trash before they're gone
forever (except on Google). ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 7, 11:46 am, ~ jan wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:31:52 EST, Fishy wrote:
I check out the Freshwater Aquarium newsgroup sometimes and read this
post:

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...browse_thread/...

Welcome back Robyn and welcome to Fishy!

Robyn = Fishy!
My boss calls me Fishy so I use that for some of my user names.

I think I found RP just a bit before Robyn, Kathy enlighten me in '96-97

Hi, Jan! I remember you. You were on when I was first on in 1996.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Uhh....guys, What the hell's on the veggie filter? DesertPond Ponds 9 12-03-2003 04:45 AM
Sorry guys! Pat Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 03-03-2003 02:15 PM
How do you guys measure Stuff? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 03-03-2003 01:17 AM
Missed You Guys! Reka Orchids 2 23-02-2003 08:04 PM
My Bad Fish Luck Continues Guys. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 10 04-02-2003 02:23 PM