Old 16-03-2009, 10:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Fish are going going.........

The lady came and packed up her huge van with pond stuff and 1/2 the fish
..
She'll be back tomorrow for another load. She also agreed to take the fi
sh
from the front pond. All the outdoor fish will then be gone. I also gave
her
that Lotus that never bloomed. Soon all I'll have are the 2 frog ponds.
:-) No more filters to clean. No more feeding.... just netting out what
falls in and an aerator in the summer.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-03-2009, 05:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Bitter sweet? End of an era.

Jim

Old 18-03-2009, 03:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Jim and Phyllis" wrote in message
Bitter sweet? End of an era.

Jim

=======================Yes it is. It was sad to see them all leave but it's time to move on to
other things now that my husband is fully retired.

Today the people came and picked up everything I had for aquariums, plus
the
two 55s that were set up in my sun room. They removed more than 10 tanks,

stands, lights.... at least 12 large boxes of stuff that accumulated in t
he
past 25 years - it's all gone! I don't even have a betta bowl.

I've sold off a lot of "stuff" in the past few weeks including a huge X-m
as
Village. We may move next year so it's just as well since I wouldn't haul

all this stuff with us, nor want to pay storage on it. I still have many

things to sell. :-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 18-03-2009, 11:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"JB" wrote in message
Have you thought about getting an aquarium? ;-) You're not quitting col

turkey are you?

========================Yes I am. :-) I don't want to have to worry about someone taking care o
fish, indoors or out, when we're away for a few days. Also, my husband
wasn't interested in ponds and fish so 90% of the work fell to me. I'm j
ust
too old to be doing most of it myself, plus toss in a little burn-out aft
er
all these years. I did a lot of soul searching and it was for the best fo
the two of us. The frogs will now enjoy the two ponds out front. I'm sur
they'll add to the local frog and slider population once free of the nets

and large koi.

We've also discussed moving to a smaller home with less land around it to

have to maintain. That's still up in the air though.

I'll still check in here since I will still have ponds..... I just wont h
ave
fish. ;-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 20-03-2009, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:54:18 EDT, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:

:-) No more filters to clean. No more feeding.... just netting out what
falls in and an aerator in the summer.

No more worries about predators.

Will you be turning off the filters or just hoping they'll stay clean w/o
fish? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 21-03-2009, 02:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:54:18 EDT, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:

:-) No more filters to clean. No more feeding.... just netting out wha

falls in and an aerator in the summer.

No more worries about predators.

Will you be turning off the filters or just hoping they'll stay clean w

/o
fish? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

============================
I hope they'll stay clean without filters, just aeration and pond
plants. When they do need drain-downs or cleanouts, it will
be a lot easier without having to net the fish, setting up the
temporary pools for them and rushing to get them back in
the ponds as fast as possible.

The last fish went this afternoon. They'll be going to the
new fish ponds at UT Knoxville. :-)

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 22-03-2009, 09:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

The last fish went this afternoon. They'll be going to the
new fish ponds at UT Knoxville. :-)

I've found as I've given stuff up, other stuff, just as interesting, has
taken it place. So look forward to your new adventure, a new place can
always be fun and getting rid of "stuff" can be a cleansing. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 23-03-2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
The last fish went this afternoon. They'll be going to the
new fish ponds at UT Knoxville. :-)

I've found as I've given stuff up, other stuff, just as interesting, ha

taken it place. So look forward to your new adventure, a new place can
always be fun and getting rid of "stuff" can be a cleansing. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

=====================================
I've gotten rid of so much "stuff" in the past 6 months you wouldn't
believe it. We have over 25 years accumulation of stuff in the garage
attic and the outbuilding. A lot was sold at two yard sales. Boxes went
Goodwill Industries. We sold stuff on both Craig's list and EBay. Some
went to the dump and there's still a large amount to go.
Now that we're both retired we want to travel and visit distant relatives
..
We may
move either to town, or even back east where I'm from. In any case Jan,
this
stuff had to go. :-)

As long as we're here though I'll still garden, keep houseplants
and do some canning.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.