Old 18-03-2009, 11:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default I would like to buy some Large-Growing Water Hyacinths for Zone 7a...

The ones I bought from Lowe's last year were GREAT! We DO still get killing freeze here though up till mid april.

We bought three last season, and had more in our veggie filter, pondlet and main pond then we knew what to do with.

Lowe's should get them in early april.

-Gareee, from a different email program!

Old 19-03-2009, 12:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Once ours are growing, I would be glad to send you some. Should be
about a month or so.

Jim

Old 28-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
The ones I bought from Lowe's last year were GREAT! We DO still get killing freeze here though up till mid april.

We bought three last season, and had more in our veggie filter, pondlet and main pond then we knew what to do with.

Lowe's should get them in early april.

-Gareee, from a different email program!
I list spares of Water hyacinth, Water lettuce on ebay now and then. Brand spanking neat new offsets will be coming through in April, from the plants that survived scorching frosts 10°f in March
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QsassZadavisus

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/
Old 29-03-2009, 03:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Thanks for the offer,,, I will let you know if needed.

Old 29-03-2009, 08:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I list spares of Water hyacinth, Water lettuce on ebay now and then.
Brand spanking neat new offsets will be coming through in April, from
the plants that survived scorching frosts 10°f in March
http://tinyurl.com/58yon2
Regards, andy

Hi Andy,

Checked out the website. I had my son, kjad, win the bid on the TYP
tropical lily. He said he was suppose to get an IM from E-bay, but it
hasn't come in... course he also said he might have his IM set not to get
random IMs roll eyes. Anyway, just wanted to let you know kjad is me,
indirectly. ;-) First time I've ever bid on anything on E-bay and only
because I felt comfortable with the seller. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 30-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ jan[_3_] View Post
I list spares of Water hyacinth, Water lettuce on ebay now and then.
Brand spanking neat new offsets will be coming through in April, from
the plants that survived scorching frosts 10°f in March
http://tinyurl.com/58yon2
Regards, andy

Hi Andy,

Checked out the website. I had my son, kjad, win the bid on the TYP
tropical lily. He said he was suppose to get an IM from E-bay, but it
hasn't come in... course he also said he might have his IM set not to get
random IMs roll eyes. Anyway, just wanted to let you know kjad is me,
indirectly. ;-) First time I've ever bid on anything on E-bay and only
because I felt comfortable with the seller. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
Awww, thanks Jan,
You timed it well, before the bidding goes a little crazy with the Spring rush. If you can, jot a note which tropical waterlily tuber that you choose when doing a Paypal. Today and tomorrow I'll be sending out listings that were bid on, on Sunday

If folk find ebay difficult to use after all the messing around with the java code, direct enquiries are usually doable.

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/

Rate This Thread: