GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Trapping Crawdads (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/182874-trapping-crawdads.html)

Ed 21-04-2009 03:12 PM

Trapping Crawdads

We have a 1200 gallon pond. Put 2 small crawdads in last year. The pond is
up to 60 degrees and the crawdads have come out of hiding. Have at LEAST 20
and would like to thin them out. Any thoughts about how to trap them?

Thanks
--
Captain Ed

kathy[_3_] 21-04-2009 10:15 PM

Trapping Crawdads

I've caught them in a minnow trap.

k :-)

Cam in Toronto 29-04-2009 06:07 AM

Trapping Crawdads

On Apr 21, 10:12 am, "Ed" wrote:
We have a 1200 gallon pond. Put 2 small crawdads in last year. The pond i

up to 60 degrees and the crawdads have come out of hiding. Have at LEAST

20
and would like to thin them out. Any thoughts about how to trap them?

Thanks
--
Captain Ed

Bluegills are quite effective