GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Cricket frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/183163-cricket-frogs.html)

ReelMcKoi 30-04-2009 11:31 PM

Cricket frogs

A few cricket frogs have shown up at the ponds. All hope isn't lost.....
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
rec.ponder since late 1996.
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

Jim and Phyllis 04-05-2009 02:22 PM

Cricket frogs

Our cricket frogs have not begun to talk yo us.

Phyllis

Nanzi 04-05-2009 09:20 PM

Cricket frogs

On May 4, 9:22 am, Jim and Phyllis wrote:
Our cricket frogs have not begun to talk yo us.

Phyllis

We've had slow frogs this spring too. Usually we have to close the
sliding door to the backyard to hear over the spring peepers, but not
this year. They were there, on top of the pool cover, but we
sabatogged them by clearing the leaves, and pumping off the water to
discourage Mosquitos.
After a rain the other night we heard all kinds of frogs outside. I
was greatly encouraged that we had a glorious concert of varying
tones, high, low and in between.
Nan in DE

butterflygirl 11-05-2009 02:33 AM

yeah after a rainny day, all kinds of frogs can be heared in my pond

ReelMcKoi 12-05-2009 08:09 PM

Cricket frogs

"Jim and Phyllis" wrote in message
Our cricket frogs have not begun to talk yo us.

Phyllis

Ours have been going every night now. It's the only frog we have at this

time. Since the fish were removed from the ponds out front, they've moved

there from the smaller pools behind the house. There only one small pool

left back there and it's already full of their tadpoles. I truly hope it'
only this weird weather effecting our frogs and not that deadly fungus
disease.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

ReelMcKoi 12-05-2009 08:09 PM

Cricket frogs

"nanzi" wrote in message
On May 4, 9:22 am, Jim and Phyllis wrote:
Our cricket frogs have not begun to talk yo us.

Phyllis

We've had slow frogs this spring too. Usually we have to close the
sliding door to the backyard to hear over the spring peepers, but not
this year. They were there, on top of the pool cover, but we
sabatogged them by clearing the leaves, and pumping off the water to
discourage Mosquitos.
After a rain the other night we heard all kinds of frogs outside. I
was greatly encouraged that we had a glorious concert of varying
tones, high, low and in between.
Nan in DE
It's been abnormally cool this spring. I heard a peppers only once or
twice from my neighbors stock pond. The froggy din from over there
has always been the first sign of spring. Not this year......
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.